You know you're a real diver when....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello,

You know your a real diver when you resist the DIR/GUE pressure.

Ed

....you walk through the hardware section of walmart or target and think, "hmmmm...add a zip tie and I could make that into a bit of dive gear."

Originally posted by large_diver
You resist the urge to post your "deepest depth" statistics ;-)

9-inches....oops! Wrong discussion board....

But will just enjoy everyone else's posts... :D Particularly my favourite wits around here - Pete from Orlando and Texas Mike.... OTF, guys, as usual. THanks for brightening up my morning.

:)

to make merry and light, for brethren tomorrow we dive!

:tease:

Glad to add some mirth to your day, Alison.

Oh yeah,

You know you're a diver…

When you keep telling people "Tanks a lot..." over and over again and again... till they puke, and you still think it’s funny!

You do a pre-drive check before heading out to work...

Then you do a three minute safety stop when you're ten minutes from home... (OK, the beer ain't exactly NitrOx, Chester, but it does have its benefits)

You have a pony gas tank tethered to your hood (tied, but not clipped)...

Your dive computer has more RAM than your PC...

You have removed your spare tire to make more room for "essential" dive equipment...

You stick impossibly close to your buddy in the mall...

You believe that you should both do a "Tired Shopper's Tow" just for drill...

You insist that you practice buddy breathing with your significant other... but without the regs...

All of a sudden beer and sex are not your only recreational activities…

:tease:

(I ALWAYS do a pre-drive check!)

"Tanks a lot", Pete

hi my name is alex. i love to swim and go snorkeling. i would like to explore the world of scuba diving. i am in los angeles, california and i dont know wheer to begin. where can i go for classes and whats a good price and what do i need. please can someone help me by emailing me at huggybear23@diveclubs.com i would appreciate all the help.

Welcome, Huggy - love the nickname by the way!

You've come to the right place to ask all your questions and get direct and helpful answers. I can't help you myself as I don't know anything about diving in the US, but there are several divers on the boards who dive around CA and I'm sure you will get a response very soon.

It may help to post this as a new thread in either Introductions & Greets or New2Scuba (sorry LD, I tried to move the post but couldn't work out how to do it! Please teach me :))

Good luck with getting into scuba, I'm sure you'll love it and become as much of an addict as most of us are :p

Cheers, Huggy Ears

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom