You Have $3-4k, the Last 2 Weeks of Aug 2021 Available, No Kids.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Andrew Dawson

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Greetings!

I admit...I only glanced at the recent posts...and not an exhaustive search on SB for this...I have looked before though and been diving for over 15yrs [tec diver, over 650 dives most in cold dark water, etc]...and dove in the Caribbean 2 times [Cancun for my first dive ever, and in Saba which was awesome].

Next Aug is our 10th wedding anniversary. We currently live in Seattle and want to go tropical. We have 7-10 days we can probably afford...and have $3-4k. No kids on this trip :)

I dive, my wife does not...but may try the discover scuba class where it is a quick few lessons and a very easy dive with an instructor.

If we could, we would try for the South Pacific...and my buddy owns a dive resort in the Phillipines...at Scandi Divers in Puerta Galera. But, that is a long trip to get out there and we want to relax.

The obvious choices are Cozumel, Roatan, Bonaire...which...I imagine I would be super happy with...and she would probably be as well. We do not need all inclusive, but would be nice. We are not big drinkers, so all you can drink is not worth it for us.

No live aboards...probably...

Any suggestions including a hotel? Yap would be cool!

What does the wife like to do when your out having fun?

Your friend could wire you in to Scandi?

YGTBFKM.

Get on the plane, eat Benadryl.
Go.

fabulous diving
she can get massages
all very cheaply priced to start with

take a weekend in Thailand, Japan, wherever....

What does the wife like to do when your out having fun?

She wants to lounge by the pool...maybe do a day excursion like a sailing trip, maybe a little snorkeling...

Your friend could wire you in to Scandi?

YGTBFKM.

Get on the plane, eat Benadryl.
Go.

fabulous diving
she can get massages
all very cheaply priced to start with

take a weekend in Thailand, Japan, wherever....

Well, it is a long flight(s), then a long bus trip from Manila to the coast, then a long ferry ride to Puerto Galera....and the whole thing on the way back. Yes, I think we should probably just do it...but...we are so burnt out we also want to just relax. That is interesting, I did not know the diving was that fabulous...I knew it was good...but not fabulous...have you been? The massages she would like :)

Aug 2021 is too far away to say you don't/won't have kids. :troll:

We have kids...but they will be with Grandma and an aunt then :) We will not have more kids by then lol

Bonaire and Curaçao for certain. There is more to do for the non-diver in Curaçao.

Hmm...is Curacao pretty safe for tourists? Any favorite places to stay there?

If that's 3-4 grand for 2 people and includes airfare, that's one tight budget. I aim for high dive count moderate budget Caribbean trips around $3,500 - $4,000.

I'd check up on Turquoise Bay Resort in Roatan, which gets good reviews and seems to be a good budget control. With Roatan, always check whether the big tax bill is included in the rate. And IIRC, I'm told TBRR isn't close to West End/West Bay.

Cozumel is also a good option.
Tres Pelicanos & Casa Mexicana, Cozumel Sept. 2018 Report - Tres Pelicanos/Casa Mexican Trip Report Sept. 2018
My Research Notes from Planning Cozumel Trip - My Research Notes from Planning Cozumel Trip

Curacao's fine for tourists and a nice place but I doubt in your stated budget.
Curacao Trip Research Notes
Curacao Trip Report with SB Surge Jan. 2019

Anyone know what trips to Ambergris Caye, Belize tend to cost?

Greetings!

I admit...I only glanced at the recent posts...and not an exhaustive search on SB for this...I have looked before though and been diving for over 15yrs [tec diver, over 650 dives most in cold dark water, etc]...and dove in the Caribbean 2 times [Cancun for my first dive ever, and in Saba which was awesome].

Next Aug is our 10th wedding anniversary. We currently live in Seattle and want to go tropical. We have 7-10 days we can probably afford...and have $3-4k. No kids on this trip :) I dive, my wife does not...but may try the discover scuba class where it is a quick few lessons and a very easy dive with an instructor. If we could, we would try for the South Pacific...and my buddy owns a dive resort in the Phillipines...at Scandi Divers in Puerta Galera. But, that is a long trip to get out there and we want to relax.
The obvious choices are Cozumel, Roatan, Bonaire...which...I imagine I would be super happy with...and she would probably be as well. We do not need all inclusive, but would be nice. We are not big drinkers, so all you can drink is not worth it for us.
No live aboards. probably... Any suggestions including a hotel? Yap would be cool!

Philippines is closed to foreign tourists for all of 2021 already announced by the government.

She wants to lounge by the pool...maybe do a day excursion like a sailing trip, maybe a little snorkeling...Well, it is a long flight(s), then a long bus trip from Manila to the coast, then a long ferry ride to Puerto Galera....and the whole thing on the way back. Yes, I think we should probably just do it...but...we are so burnt out we also want to just relax. That is interesting, I did not know the diving was that fabulous...I knew it was good...but not fabulous...have you been? The massages she would like :)

Massages are great and cost like 200 peso an hour, that's US$5 in many places. Diving in many places in the Philippines is great. PG no exception. I used to dive there a lot. You can fly from Manila to PG on a seaplane. Worth the money over the long travel time by bus and boat.

Too bad we can't go till maybe 2022 at the earliest.

Back
Top Bottom