You Have $3-4k, the Last 2 Weeks of Aug 2021 Available, No Kids.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Greetings!

I admit...I only glanced at the recent posts...and not an exhaustive search on SB for this...I have looked before though and been diving for over 15yrs [tec diver, over 650 dives most in cold dark water, etc]...and dove in the Caribbean 2 times [Cancun for my first dive ever, and in Saba which was awesome].

Next Aug is our 10th wedding anniversary. We currently live in Seattle and want to go tropical. We have 7-10 days we can probably afford...and have $3-4k. No kids on this trip :)

I dive, my wife does not...but may try the discover scuba class where it is a quick few lessons and a very easy dive with an instructor.

If we could, we would try for the South Pacific...and my buddy owns a dive resort in the Phillipines...at Scandi Divers in Puerta Galera. But, that is a long trip to get out there and we want to relax.

The obvious choices are Cozumel, Roatan, Bonaire...which...I imagine I would be super happy with...and she would probably be as well. We do not need all inclusive, but would be nice. We are not big drinkers, so all you can drink is not worth it for us.

No live aboards...probably...

Any suggestions including a hotel? Yap would be cool!

The wife and I have been to 2 different Sandals in Jamaica. You can usually get something for around 2500. Diving's included, 2 dives a day. The water's perfect, but lionfish had devastated smaller fish by 2015. By 2018 there were some signs of recovery...

The upside is there's plenty for a non-diver to do, and the dive boat is usually back by 11 AM.

Back
Top Bottom