Yoke vs. DIN?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alo100:
May I have a question too?

I get my DIN 1st stage and is trying to find a DIN to Yoke adaptor now,
the cost of the adaptor is from $25 to $70 does it make a difference?
Also the brand name adaptors can rarely be found locally, like some of my friend suggest AL or Bcht because it's shorter, but no LDS carry those around. My fear is that even if I can find one, in the future, do I still need to find parts like 0-rings for replacement, or it doesn't need any maintenance?

Any suggestion?
How about online? How did you guys buy and take care the maintenance?

just make sure you get a really sturdy one
i smacked mine on the roof of a cave once (just one of those stupid moments that makes you remmeber whats its like to be a newbie)
anyway, lets just say i've never seen my pressure gauge drop that quickly, lol

cerich:
Cheetah223:
I'm a bit tired, so I'm really not sure I understood what you're asking...But I'll give it a shot. If you have a DIN reg and want to attach it to a Yoke tank, you need something like this. If you have a Yoke reg and want to attach it to a DIN tank, you need the insert you previously linked to.

QUOTE]

Good, only thing to keep in mind is the "plug" for a DIN tank valve only works on 200 Bar not 300 Bar tank valves. A 300 Bar DIN regulator will work in 200 or 300 Bar DIN Tank valves. A 200 Bar DIN regulator(VERY RARE IN USA) will only work in 200 BAR tank valves.

A DIN to YOKE converter of 200 or 300 bar will work on a 300 bar DIN regulator but only a 200 BAR converter will work on a 200 BAR DIN Regulator(VERY RARE IN USA)

Got you, very clear, thanks!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom