xDeep Black BT - anyone own one yet? post reviews & feedback here...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

some french divers have it and been able to compare with other computers.
seems the GF choices for eanX diving are bad and not configurable.
Conservatism 3: 20/65
Conservatism 2: 30/70
Conservatism 1: 30/85
So you have deco with the xDeep and no deco with another.

So on the Trimix upgrade can the GF be changed?

some french divers have it and been able to compare with other computers.
seems the GF choices for eanX diving are bad and not configurable.
Conservatism 3: 20/65
Conservatism 2: 30/70
Conservatism 1: 30/85
So you have deco with the xDeep and no deco with another.

Based on the the EANx feedback from DuboisP it sounds like xDeep "hard-coded" GF settings within the firmware?!? I would therefore assume that the same applies to Tx settings, but this is purely speculation on my behalf.

Based on the the EANx feedback from DuboisP it sounds like xDeep "hard-coded" GF settings within the firmware?!? I would therefore assume that the same applies to Tx settings, but this is purely speculation on my behalf.

The Petrel also has fixed GF settings in their Recreational Nitrox mode (Low, Medium, High) although the GF settings are "more reasonable". In tech mode the GF is fully adjustable so I would imagine that the Xdeep Trimix upgrade offers similar flexibility?

from a french diver with 3 computers

OSTC GF 80/85
PETREL Recreational GF 40/95 (less security)
Xdeep GF 80/85 et GF no deco 85 (less security)

Air dive, 35 meters 18 minutes bottom.

no deco :
First stops at 12 meters on xDeep after 8mn30 .
For OSTC and PETREL, after 14 minutes.

DTR max :
19 minutes on Xdeep (no security stop)
8 minutes on OSTC (no security stop)
10 minutes on PETREL (including security stop)

Proposed stops :
3 minutes at 12m + 1 minute at 9m + 2 minutes + 13 minutes at 3m pour le Xdeep.
6 minutes at 3m l'OSTC
3 minutes at 3m pour le PETREL

End :
41 minutes OSTC
37 minutes ( without secutiry stop) PETREL
xDeep: no registered value, the diver went out, so the xDeep is locked at least 24 hours. No way to unlock.

waiting for next firmware.

Last edited:
DuboisP: Eh ben .. Ce ne sera donc pas demain que j'achèterai un XDeep

(Sorry, free translation: if that's the situation for the XDeep (that the GF are hardoded), then I will wait for a while before buying an XDeep)

This was addressed on the Stealth 2.0 Facebook page. Piotr found that the diver who reported this used the device in AIR mode. In AIR mode the GF factors set by the user are ignored.

I have investigated the dive above with the help of (diver's name retracted) and the reason is simple: Laurent has used AIR mode for this dive This is important information, as AIR mode is just a simplified mode for OWD recreational divers and in this mode, the conservatism is totally controlled by adaptive conservatism mechanizm (we assume that OWD/AOWD divers know nothing about GFs). So despite he set GFs to 85/80, in AIR mode GFs were controlled by adaptive conservatism mechanism.

What does it mean? Laurent has done dive in AIR mode, so the GF's were set for 70/30 and because of that BLACK gave longer deco time than OSTC and PETREL.

We have simulated the dive in TMX mode with the GFs set to 85/80 and it gave exactly the same results as OSTC and PETREL.

So in our opinion there was nothing wrong with the algorithm of BLACK, but it just been configured in a different way. If the mode would be set to TMX (which use GFs set by user), the result would be exactly the same as in PETREL and OSTC.

Sorry for confusion. For us it's a lesson that we must put more attention to give more precise information in the manual. Of course the next edition of the manual would be improved.

BLACK TMX has three modes: BT, AIR and TMX. If you use 21% O2 in TMX mode it would normally use GFs you have set. Adaptive conservatism takes control in AIR mode.

This was addressed on the Stealth 2.0 Facebook page. Piotr found that the diver who reported this used the device in AIR mode. In AIR mode the GF factors set by the user are ignored.
correct.
the french diver asked me to precise this information, but i didn't have the time.
one point : the documentation and the firmware must/will be modified to adress this issue.
it's a pity on the TX model, air only, you can set a GF that will be not used by the algorithm. can be dangerous.

Mines just came in today. I updated the firmware moments ago. I hope to able to get a couple dives in very soon.

20140603_151627.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom