xDeep Black BT - anyone own one yet? post reviews & feedback here...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think that silence spelled a resounding "No." If you're in the US, contact DRIS to see if there are any available. However, I don't see how you're considering one after the cascade of fiascos associated with these.

I think that silence spelled a resounding "No." If you're in the US, contact DRIS to see if there are any available. However, I don't see how you're considering one after the cascade of fiascos associated with these.

I'm not in USA. I'm in Italy. I'm seeing some of them lately. Unfortunately they are plagued with bugs that the company is solving with some sw update. Despite all these problems, the product is a nice piece of equipment with an interesting price/features point.

Instead of a "louding silence" I think would be more useful for everybody speaking about the goods and the bads of this DC.
User feedbacks are scattered over FB profiles...

The bad:
Plagued with problems
Late on delivery and the promise thereof
Read this thread to fill in any gaps I did not mention

The good:
Shearwater still rocks.

The product had everything going for it, somehow they managed to "kill" that dream.

The good:
Shearwater still rocks.

I was looking for a bottom timer tired to buy a full fledged computer to use it in gauge mode. My uwatect BT does not log dives.

I do not see how a shearwater that cost five times it's comparable.
Of course there is the xdeep trimix version but again, they failed immediately with the bottom timer.

Not sure how you want to compare a product that works, is available, supports their client base to something that is not, even if it is 5 times cheaper?

The silence from Xdeep and Sebastian on SB speaks volumes.

First anniversary of general release approaching. Still nada. (Unless you count the dozen or so sold by DRIS).

I was looking for a bottom timer tired to buy a full fledged computer to use it in gauge mode. My uwatect BT does not log dives.

I do not see how a shearwater that cost five times it's comparable.
Of course there is the xdeep trimix version but again, they failed immediately with the bottom timer.

Where are you finding XDeeps for sale for $165 (120 Euro)?? The Petrel is less than twice the price, as far as I can tell.....and I can get it today instead of some time in the next year or three.....maybe. Also, the Petrel works....and can work as a computer if you choose to use it that way. And you're right, Facebook does have all sorts of reviews on it. There are like 5 reviews that keep getting posted around, but no resounding amount of agreement that they're available OR functioning properly. The ones that are out there kinda work, and there aren't that many.

Guys,

I feel that you are all heated up here, so please calm down. I'm not an XDeep employee nor I sell these gadgets. I'm just disappointed being in backorder for few months and seeing that a lot of this gadgets have a lot of problems.
I'm disappointed for a nice product (on paper) which became a wasted opportunity.

I have a cheap Uwatec bottom timer that serves me well except it doesn't log dive profiles and it doesn't have a stopwatch.
I liked the Liquivision Zen but I think that 400 euro are a rip-off so this gadget would have been a perfect compromise.
They completely failed delivery times prior to even advertise prices for their computer versions. So to me this is still only a "bottom timer".
Who chose this one instead of a Shearwater or other well-known brands is just a guinea pig and you don't need to be a fortune-teller to foresee what happened.
Do you remember the launch of Uwatec Tec2G? A bloodbath!
May we speak about the latest Aladin Square? I got one of a batch of ten and 4 of them died on the first dive. Of course Scubapro stands behind them. We are speaking of Scubapro/Uwatec let alone a new computer built with zero experience.

Where are you finding XDeeps for sale for $165 (120 Euro)?? The Petrel is less than twice the price, as far as I can tell.....and I can get it today instead of some time in the next year or three.....maybe. Also, the Petrel works....and can work as a computer if you choose to use it that way. And you're right, Facebook does have all sorts of reviews on it. There are like 5 reviews that keep getting posted around, but no resounding amount of agreement that they're available OR functioning properly. The ones that are out there kinda work, and there aren't that many.
In Europe the xdeep (bottom timer only) retails for 280€ while the petrel for 780
Thats more than twice.
Of course if you are looking for a computer also the petrel is not much more expensive and a proven product..

Guys I made a mistake on petrel price. OK? :blinking:

I was looking at the rebreather version and I made a mistake.
Anyway as I wrote I'm just comparing bottom timers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom