wrist mounted hosed AI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

michael Friesen

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Why don't we see wrist mounted dive computers with a hose for AI??? You would think it would be a more reliable way to have an AI computer for cheaper then a pod.

The aeris atmos looks like you would be able to do this, but I haven't seen any images of it being wristmounted.

(Or am I just blind and cant see them)

High pressure hoses when charged are inflexible and wouldn't work running to something strapped to your wrist. You wouldn't be able to easily maneuver your arm with it charged as opposed to a flexible light cord that runs to your hand.

If you want non wireless AI for reliability get an AI console computer.

Well, I ran across one of our Atomic Cobalt divers who bungeed his Cobalt to the inside of his wrist (where you would take a pulse) and swore by the arrangement. Could use the compass just fine and it kept the hose out of the way. He was an average to big guy in a drysuit. It certainly didn't seem to cramp his style.

Ron

Well, I ran across one of our Atomic Cobalt divers who bungeed his Cobalt to the inside of his wrist (where you would take a pulse) and swore by the arrangement. Could use the compass just fine and it kept the hose out of the way. He was an average to big guy in a drysuit. It certainly didn't seem to cramp his style.

Ron
Wouldn't he be reading sideways? which I guess is fine, but would be kind of annoying. That is why I thought the aeris atmos would make for a good wristmounted computer.

Wouldn't he be reading sideways? which I guess is fine, but would be kind of annoying. That is why I thought the aeris atmos would make for a good wristmounted computer.
No, the Cobalt was lengthwise along his arm, holding the arm out in front put it in the proper orientation- he wore it on the inside of his arm, not like a wristwatch.

Ron

Or you could just release the wristmount Cobalt instead...(hint) :D

High pressure hoses when charged are inflexible and wouldn't work running to something strapped to your wrist. You wouldn't be able to easily maneuver your arm with it charged as opposed to a flexible light cord that runs to your hand.

If you want non wireless AI for reliability get an AI console computer.
Didn't think about the flexibility issue and I do see what you guys mean.
How about a kevlar hose, they aren't as flexible as LP hoses, but they are still quite flexible and wouldnt restrict movement to much

No, the Cobalt was lengthwise along his arm, holding the arm out in front put it in the proper orientation- he wore it on the inside of his arm, not like a wristwatch.

Ron
ahh right, I see now.

Back
Top Bottom