wrist mounted hosed AI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The miflex hoses are flexible in that before you turn on your valve you can bend them to how you want and they tend to hold their shape nicely. Still however once you charge them with your valve open and they are at their high pressure, they don't bend super easily and stay how you placed them. I mean you can bend hoses small amounts over the entire length of the hose, for example when you unclip your spg to read it, but bending over small areas of the hose which I'm imagining might be required for full arm movement without any restriction would be less tolerable.

Although apparently some people have done it. I think there's better ways to go about it (wireless AI or deal with AI console clipped to hip)

The miflex hoses are flexible in that before you turn on your valve you can bend them to how you want and they tend to hold their shape nicely. Still however once you charge them with your valve open and they are at their high pressure, they don't bend super easily and stay how you placed them. I mean you can bend hoses small amounts over the entire length of the hose, for example when you unclip your spg to read it, but bending over small areas of the hose which I'm imagining might be required for full arm movement without any restriction would be less tolerable.

Although apparently some people have done it. I think there's better ways to go about it (wireless AI or deal with AI console clipped to hip)

Meh. Why put the DAC in the wrist unit and run a hose from the tank? Put the DAC on the tank and run a wire to the wrist, bulk/flexibility problem solved. You have the quick-disconnect wet electrical connector problem to solve now.

Meh. Why put the DAC in the wrist unit and run a hose from the tank? Put the DAC on the tank and run a wire to the wrist, bulk/flexibility problem solved. You have the quick-disconnect wet electrical connector problem to solve now.

Interesting idea but it does create other problems as you stated. The compass would also pose an interesting dilemma ?

If I picture what you're suggesting correctly...

The orientation of the compass could vary widely from the position of your arm. Also moving your arm throughout its range of motion would not cause the tank bearing to change at all.

Again only if you mean what I'm thinking...

Again only if you mean what I'm thinking...

I wonder. "DAC" was the wrong thing to say I guess, what I meant was the tank pressure sensor with attached 'licktronik gizmos to convert pressure reading into elecktrickery. Which you can then connect to the wrist computer the same way you connect earphones to your cellphone. :wink:

So to solve the quick-disconnect wet electrical connector, and the extra hassle of a wire from your first stage to your wrist, you could instead have a wireless transmitter on your first stage, and the computer on your wrist act a receiver .. oh wait. What problem were we trying to solve?

1) Limits your degree of freedom and flexibility of your arm when you are underwater
2) Potential risks if you are caught in a bad situation and need your arm that has a hp hose attached to the 1st to get yourself out the band situation.
3) Another point of failure and one extra thing you'll need to be aware of while underwater.

I wonder. "DAC" was the wrong thing to say I guess, what I meant was the tank pressure sensor with attached 'licktronik gizmos to convert pressure reading into elecktrickery. Which you can then connect to the wrist computer the same way you connect earphones to your cellphone. :wink:

OK

I was thinking more along the lines of the entire system attaching to the first stage and the wrist device being nothing more than an output device (monitor/HUD).

I was thinking more along the lines of the entire system attaching to the first stage and the wrist device being nothing more than an output device (monitor/HUD).

In that case, put the HUD in the mask. Buttons would be a bit tricky though.

Back
Top Bottom