wrist mounted hosed AI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That may be the direction things are headed.

Definitely something to consider.

If it ever gets there, then you would have to deal with the compass indeed.

I mount a hose/spg unit to the left lower arm dangling from a "fastex" snap quick release buckle that has the locking tabs ground to allow it to pull away in case I need to ditch all my gear.

I normally mount a Shearwater Petrel to the mid arm on my left side. I also run the spg with a Myflex type hose dangling 2 inches from one of the two arm straps of the Petrel. The Petrel strap has one side of the Fastex plastic buckle. The other side of the buckle is attached to the spg boot left upper corner loop with a zip-tie. The locking horns of the fastex buckle (male side) has been ground down so a firm pull will allow it to pull out in case I need to ditch my gear. If I glance at my computer, the dangling spg face is right next to it and I can view both at one glance. The hose is routed under my armpit and not over the shoulder. I don't find it a problem using my left hand for grabbing and holding things and like the peace of mind of having direct tank pressure readings. I used to run a transmitter to a Suunto but it fails sometimes so I use the wireless only for the pony bottle I strap next to my primary on my back. The Suunto computer is on "gauge mode" and mounted on my left forearm above the Petrel. I didn't want to run another hose for an spg for the pony on my back.
If you are considering doing this for a console type unit you may need to test different configurations and strapping points to get a balance so the console does not flop the wrong way when you bring your arm up to view it. I don't see it as a major hurdle but some won't be happy with this location of mount.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom