Wrinkles' October 30th Dive in La Jolla And Beach BBQ

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mccabejc:
Okay, one more time for the slow folks...

For those who are not going to do the first dive of the North Wall because they can't make it before 7am because it's too freakin' far from Upland and I'd have to wake up an hour before I went to sleep...

(Well, also because the North Wall sounds way too deep for me, but I'm not going to admit that....)

Anyway, if we show up around 8am or 9am, where is everyone going to set up and park? I've been to the Cove once, and I recall Roy saying the Shores and the Marine Room is just north of the Cove, but where is the Secret Garden and the Main Wall? And will the second and third dives be in places where some of us can go shallow (<40-50 ft.)?

LOL...I had to read that a couple of times. I thought you were ADDRESSING all of the slow folks out there. Now I see that you want to be ADDRESSED as one of the slow folks. :eyebrow:

I am one of the slow folks too. Could someone post some statistics on these sites. I'm interested in information that could help me plan my dives. I'd like to keep my dives to a max depth of less than 70 feet and would just as well keep them to a max of 50 ft to get more bottom time with my AL 80.

Jim and I will be sharing the short bus with as many as we can fit on it! :11:

Christian

http://www.divebums.com/

Checkout the Dive Site Section for a better description of the Shores.........

The Shores has a gentle slope down to about 60ft and then rapidly drops to 100ft+. I suggest that the shallow guys, do at least one dive at the Cove and the Marine Room.

Well I have 2 HP100, 1 LP 95, 2 AL80, 2 72's, 2 63's, a 14 and 30 cuft pony.... I guess I am covered for air for the day.. :eyebrow:

ShakaZulu:
http://www.divebums.com/

Checkout the Dive Site Section for a better description of the Shores.........

The Shores has a gentle slope down to about 60ft and then rapidly drops to 100ft+. I suggest that the shallow guys, do at least one dive at the Cove and the Marine Room.
Hear that Jim? We're "shallow guys"! :11:

Thanks for the link Roy. That should be helpful.

Christian

Yeah, I'm shallow AND slow. For example, I don't even know what you mean by a "short bus". Is that the school bus that takes little kids to kindergarten? And why would we share it? On the day of the dive are we going to wait on the corner for the school bus, and get on it with all the short kids, and hope it takes us to La Jolla?

And I suppose I'm shallow, too. When I dive, I don't care about they fish personally, just how they look. Is that bad? Am I a bad person because I don't see their inner beauty?

divebuddysean:
Come on David, it's a long time away!!! You can make it!!

Now my wife wants to throw a halloween party, so prospects are getting even weaker.

I'm now planning to be in SD once a week for the forseeable future, so I'll be diving the shores with you soon...

divinman:
Well I have 2 HP100, 1 LP 95, 2 AL80, 2 72's, 2 63's, a 14 and 30 cuft pony.... I guess I am covered for air for the day.. :eyebrow:

At least until around 11:00AM or so. :wink:

John-Boy

ShakaZulu:
OEX is within walking distance (not that I would walk it).
http://www.oeexpress.com/

What type of filling capacity does this dive shop have? (how many at a time vs. time to fill)

What other local options is there?

Can we cordinate an "air run"?

If a large group shows up for 3 dives, this could be a problem.

Ann Marie - Can you give us a weekly RSVP headcount list?

ICE

mccabejc:
Okay, one more time for the slow folks...

For those who are not going to do the first dive of the North Wall because they can't make it before 7am because it's too freakin' far from Upland and I'd have to wake up an hour before I went to sleep...

(Well, also because the North Wall sounds way too deep for me, but I'm not going to admit that....)

Anyway, if we show up around 8am or 9am, where is everyone going to set up and park? I've been to the Cove once, and I recall Roy saying the Shores and the Marine Room is just north of the Cove, but where is the Secret Garden and the Main Wall? And will the second and third dives be in places where some of us can go shallow (<40-50 ft.)?

Jim, you don't have to go so deep to dive at the shores. You just go along the edge of the canyon, or explore the hills at about 60-70 feet. Some parts are deeper than others. The Secret Garden is a nice spot, but it is about 105 feet in depth.
I would dive Vallecitos Point and the East wall. The North wall is pretty far out there. There is a lot of stuff straight out from the beach. You just need to go slow, use your light, and look for critters in the holes and lying around. Like I was telling you before, if you walk south you can dive at the Marine Room which is 35 feet max. It's a bit of a kick out but it is a very unique site. You'll be fine diving at the shores.

ICY ICE:
Ann Marie - Can you give us a weekly RSVP headcount list?
ICE

Sure. Christian (headhunter) has set up a calander with an option to RSVP and to see a list of who is coming...

http://www.scubaboard.com/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=180&day=2004-10-30

There are several people that aren't on that list yet:

Mr. Clean, jetfixer, Icy Ice, snakedr, JDog

Oh BTW- ROY:

jetfixer said that JDog has a couple of EZ-ups (shade things) that he would bring.

Back
Top Bottom