Wrinkles' October 30th Dive in La Jolla And Beach BBQ

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I believe it all started back in February when Ana planned a trip to Catalina and about 12-15 SB'ers made the trip over. We had so much fun, even though the conditions where crap, that she suggested trying to do a once a month Catalina trip.
A lot of us poorer folks complained that it was far too spendy to make a trip to Cat every month, so some one suggested another location for the next event. Then Mel started the whole Wrinkles Monthly Dive event as an official title.
This is from my "too much LSD when I was young" addled memory, so I do not gauranty the accuracy!
Robert
P.S.: Sorry I can't make this one :frown:

Robert Phillips:
I believe it all started back in February when Ana planned a trip to Catalina and about 12-15 SB'ers made the trip over. We had so much fun, even though the conditions where crap, that she suggested trying to do a once a month Catalina trip.
A lot of us poorer folks complained that it was far too spendy to make a trip to Cat every month, so some one suggested another location for the next event. Then Mel started the whole Wrinkles Monthly Dive event as an official title.
This is from my "too much LSD when I was young" addled memory, so I do not gauranty the accuracy!
Robert
P.S.: Sorry I can't make this one :frown:

Trust the "DIR" dewd to ruin the story............. :1poke:

Hey, we should make a calender like this maybe???

http://www.scubaboard.com/calendar.php?do=unattend&e=167

ShakaZulu:
Trust the "DIR" dewd to ruin the story............. :1poke:

Hey, we should make a calender like this maybe???

http://www.scubaboard.com/calendar.php?do=unattend&e=167
Good idea! I'll have to learn more about this Calender feature.

The story's not ruined. There's still room for the "kelp dance" here. That part of the story would only be known by a select few. :wink:

I always say, "I never let the facts get in the way of a good story." :crafty:

Christian

Sorry you can't make it, Robert. Roy, be nice to our DIR dive buddies, they always have the nicest things to say about YOU :biggrin:!!

I will be there and send Ann Marie a PM. I don't have anything useful to bring except for money to cover food... and cookies (if that is not competing with you, Ana?)

Oh, and did I say I hope to have a DRYSUIT this week :) so I can actually survive diving in San Diego this time??

Jennifer

Thanks to Roy's (ShakaZulu and his parade of avatars) suggestion to put the event on the ScubaBoard Public Calendar.

I think I figured out how to add an event to the ScubaBoard Calendar that can track how many people will be attending.

Go to the following URL and click on the link at the bottom to indicate that you will be attending. Since it won't tell us how many people will be with you, put that info here in this thread. This should help Ann Marie calculate how many hot dogs, hamburgers, etc. to get.

http://www.scubaboard.com/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=180&day=2004-10-30

Eventually, we'll actually have a system and become a well oiled machine for future Wrinkles dives! :crafty:

Thanks.

Christian

sapphire:
Sorry you can't make it, Robert. Roy, be nice to our DIR dive buddies, they always have the nicest things to say about YOU :biggrin:!!

I will be there and send Ann Marie a PM. I don't have anything useful to bring except for money to cover food... and cookies (if that is not competing with you, Ana?)

Oh, and did I say I hope to have a DRYSUIT this week :) so I can actually survive diving in San Diego this time??

Jennifer
Yippee! Jennifer's drysuit has almost arrived! :D

I see one of those in my future! :eyebrow:

Christian

There have been some requests for a tentative schedule for this dive. Since we all have different responsibilities, I don't see how this can work. At Catalina, we got out of synch with the dives and that was that.

6:00AM - Early Birds arrive and lay claim to a spot (put out twarps and shade thingies)
7:00AM - First Dive, North Wall
10:00AM - Second Dive, Secret Garden....Main Wall/La Jolla Cove??
12:00AM - Lunch
2:00PM - Third Dive, Marine Room
5:00PM - Night Dive (Sun sets at 4:59PM, bring your lights, extra batteries and warm clothes)
7:00PM - Dinner, lots of little cafe's in the area (walking distance)

Note, this is a very relaxed shedule, and serves only as a guideline. I'm sure some people would like to go over to the cove for some exploration. I really recommend arriving early as this would allow you to get parking and secure a spot. This location is very popular indeed. OEX is about two blocks away and can fill tanks.

PS. @ Wrinkless, please add this to your first post, as well as the link to the calender.

ShakaZulu:
There have been some requests for a tentative schedule for this dive. Since we all have different responsibilities, I don't see how this can work. At Catalina, we got out of synch with the dives and that was that.

6:00AM - Early Birds arrive and lay claim to a spot (put out twarps and shade thingies)
7:00AM - First Dive, North Wall
10:00AM - Second Dive, Secret Garden....Main Wall/La Jolla Cove??
12:00AM - Lunch
2:00PM - Third Dive, Marine Room
5:00PM - Night Dive
7:00PM - Dinner, lots of little cafe's in the area (walking distance)

Note, this is a very relaxed shedule, and serves only as a guideline. I'm sure some people would like to go over to the cove for some exploration. I really recommend arriving early as this would allow you to get parking and secure a spot. This location is very popular indeed. OEX is about two blocks away and can fill tanks.

PS. @ Wrinkless, please add this to your first post, as well as the link to the calender.
Thanks Roy. I think this is really helpful for those that are coming in from out of the area. It's on the Public Calendar now.

Christian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom