Wrinkles May '05 Dive and BBQ planning thread - La Jolla

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MissyP:
I'll be there as well.. Probably around 9-10 (any earlier,I'll be a grouch :new_gmorn )

The shores is pretty crowded on weekends, so where does everyone meet up?
We'll claim some spot that has a BBQ under some trees for shade. We'll have a big banner that says "ScubaBoard" on it, so we'll be pretty easy to find.

Christian

Christian,

You made my day by changing the date... I will definitely be there... I look forward to meeting all of you...(and seeing some I already know)...

Stryker:
Christian,

You made my day by changing the date... I will definitely be there... I look forward to meeting all of you...(and seeing some I already know)...
Cool!

I didn't really change the date as much as put it on the date that it was supposed to be on in the first place. It's the second "Saturday" of each month. I ran with the second "weekend" by accident. :eyebrow:

I look forward to meeting you.

Christian

I should be able to make the Wrinkles Dive this time. :dazzler1: I have been busy with work on weekends and the weather has been a problem for me. The last dive I was on was with Hawaiian Green Sea Turtles on the island of Kauai. :06: My job sucks sometimes. I had to travel to Kauai and do some work for the FAA. I would have had more fun if I had someone along with me. Oh well, maybe next time. I think I will be going to the island of Hawaii this July for the FAA again. I will bring the water and lets hope for good diving conditions. See you all then.

George

Mr Clean:
I should be able to make the Wrinkles Dive this time. :dazzler1: I have been busy with work on weekends and the weather has been a problem for me. The last dive I was on was with Hawaiian Green Sea Turtles on the island of Kauai. :06: My job sucks sometimes. I had to travel to Kauai and do some work for the FAA. I would have had more fun if I had someone along with me. Oh well, maybe next time. I think I will be going to the island of Hawaii this July for the FAA again. I will bring the water and lets hope for good diving conditions. See you all then.

George

Bummer you had to dive in Hawaii, when its soo good in Laguna

Buck

Well - I don't know for sure --- I am going to see if I can get my mom to watch the kids or something for at least part of the day and make it down. If nothing else I bet I can make it out for socializing at night.

Kimber

MaxBottomtime:
Click on the picture in the center of each page. It may take awhile to open the larger image. Veteran's Park(Redondo) has picnic tables and a canyon to dive in. Malaga has shallow diving with room on the atheletic field or parking lot for a picnic, or down on the sand at RAT Beach. Marineland has great diving with a large parking lot for a picnic area/tailgate party. White Point has a picnic area, but the diving is just OK.
:eek:fftopic:

Just kiddin....maybe.

On topic. So we all are all looking forward to the dive in two weeks. Do we have all the bases covered? Everyone have enough tanks? I know they are a pain to haul but beats the turn around time we get at the LDS. Bring what u own, borrow what ya dont and lets do some diving!!

Terry

divinman:
So we all are all looking forward to the dive in two weeks. Do we have all the bases covered? Everyone have enough tanks? I know they are a pain to haul but beats the turn around time we get at the LDS. Bring what u own, borrow what ya dont and lets do some diving!!

Terry
Terry,

The bases are not all covered yet. There are many items on the list that people have not signed up for yet. I'm not worried about that though. People always seem to rally together in the last couple of weeks, so I imagine people will start posting what they want to bring now.

I took one of my tanks in today to get a new vis sticker, so I'll have 2 AL 80s with me. I might even have a 3rd one by then, but if not, at least I can use one while the other one is off getting filled. :crafty:

About the turn around time and getting tanks to and from Josh, I never heard back from Sean regarding this post. If Josh is willing to let us use his company truck to transport tanks back and forth, I'd be willing to drive it. Or if someone with a truck was willing to drive the tanks back and forth, I'm sure everyone would be willing to give that person free fills for the day.

I look forward to seeing all of you San Diego "hosts" on the 14th. You all rock down there in LowCal! :wink:

Christian

I'm assuming that the options for diving the Cove or Marine Room are as follows:

La Jolla Cove: Parking, especially now that it's getting warm, will be nonexistent. So either get there EARLY, or have someone drop you off and pick you up when you're done.

Marine Room: As I recall, it's maybe 1/4 mile (maybe less) from Kellogg Park to the Marine Room, so hiking it in gear is pretty much out. I also recall parking there is pretty limited. So again it sounds like it's a drop-off/pick-up situation.

Maybe some of us who want to dive either of these sites can get together and have someone take us over there.

San Diego guys, is that about right?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom