Wrinkles May '05 Dive and BBQ planning thread - La Jolla

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SNOBORDJON:
There you go theres a better picture!

John

I called Seaforth boat rentals in San Diego. La Jolla Shores, is outside of their designated area, and they sold their Polar. The only other option is a Searay 18 for $495 per day.

http://www.seaforthboatrental.com/power_main.htm

So, guess it won't work.......see if I can find another source.

headhunter:
Please talk to Josh and let him know that people are interested in knowing what he can do for us.

Christian

Christian I talked to Josh. He said Saturday is a very busy day for him. He could let you know if someone could pick-up/deliver the tanks, but it didn't sound likely. His fill rate is 2 dollars per 10 fills and he has 2 whips on his compressor. He said it takes 10 minutes per tank to get filled. His shop has parking right out front and is pretty easy to unload/load the tanks. I have always received good fills from Josh. Whoever is doing the tanks should be compensated since it's a real pain to load and unload those tanks.

I hope this helps!

Sean

Can't make this dive....grumble.... blasted 2nd weekends...grumble

:wink:

divebuddysean:
Christian I talked to Josh. He said Saturday is a very busy day for him. He could let you know if someone could pick-up/deliver the tanks, but it didn't sound likely. His fill rate is 2 dollars per 10 fills and he has 2 whips on his compressor. He said it takes 10 minutes per tank to get filled. His shop has parking right out front and is pretty easy to unload/load the tanks. I have always received good fills from Josh. Whoever is doing the tanks should be compensated since it's a real pain to load and unload those tanks.

I hope this helps!

Sean

I believe Josh's prices are $20 for a 10 fill air card and $50 for a 10 fill Nitrox card. It all comes out of the same compressor so if you just need air fills it would likely be faster to take the tanks elsewhere. DivePro is by far the best place in San Diego to get Nitrox fills. It's also the best place in town to get Trimix, Argon and 02 fills.

If you are diving the Shores at recreational depths, Nitrox 32 would be a good choice.

Enjoy

Marc Hall
www.enjoythedive.com

divebuddysean:

I hope this helps!

Sean
Thanks Sean. That is helpful.

If someone would be willing to use their truck to take the tanks back and forth, I'm sure we could compensate them for their gas (both in the truck and in their tank).

If we each had 2 tanks at The Shores, we could stagger our dives a bit and take the tanks to him 10 - 20 at a time approximately every hour or two. While he fills one tank we could dive on the other and keep rotating through the day that way. If you do a 60 min. dive and take a 2 hr. Surface interval between dives, it would give him plenty of time to fill tanks and give someone more than enough time to do as many dives as they want. I figure with 2 fill whips at 10 min per tank he can probably fill 20 tanks every 2 hours, which should work out well.

Would anyone like to step up to do this? If I had a truck, I'd be glad to, but It would be tough to fit 10 tanks into my Nissan Maxima. :11:

If Josh is willing to let me or someone he knows drive the truck for his shop, this would also be a way to do this. Although it's been a while, I used to drive 40+ foot trucks for a living taking freight back and forth between San Pedro to LAX, so I know how to drive with heavy loads. (This was before my life as a computer geek!) Sean, could you ask him how he feels about this?

Thanks again.

Christian

How did the Wrinkle's Dives get moved to the first Saturday? It is supposed to be the 2nd Saturday of the month.

Ann Marie:
How did the Wrinkle's Dives get moved to the first Saturday? It is supposed to be the 2nd Saturday of the month.
I see the mistake that I made now. We decided on the second "Saturday" and I counted it as the second "weekend".

So, while it is the second weekend of the month, I see now that you are right, it is the 1st Saturday.

It's early enough in the game to change this and I'm seeing that the 8th is mother's day. I'll change the date to May 14th now and make an announcement to that effect.

Sorry for the confusion.

Christian

MarcHall:
I believe Josh's prices are $20 for a 10 fill air card and $50 for a 10 fill Nitrox card. It all comes out of the same compressor so if you just need air fills it would likely be faster to take the tanks elsewhere. DivePro is by far the best place in San Diego to get Nitrox fills. It's also the best place in town to get Trimix, Argon and 02 fills.

If you are diving the Shores at recreational depths, Nitrox 32 would be a good choice.

Enjoy

Marc Hall
www.enjoythedive.com
Hi Marc,

Thanks for this info. It confirms that this is a good shop to support, so we'll do our best to give Josh our business. We'll probably have 30 - 40 people at The Shores, so this might be a good thing for Dive Pro.

His prices are half of the $4 per air fill that OE Express charged us as "a deal", so I hope we can work something out to get the tanks back and forth.

Christian

It has been brought to my attention that I mistakenly put the date of this dive on May 7th.

I counted the "second weekend" of the month instead of the "second Saturday" of the month, which is what we actually decided on.

My apologies for this mistake.

Luckily, this was caught early on, so the mistake shouldn't negatively affect anyone.

I have corrected the dates on the original post in this thread and also deleted the Calendar Event for May 7th in the SoCal Calendar and added a new one for May 14th.

This means that you need to go to the SoCal Calendar again and show that you are attending this event and list how many guests will be with you, so that we can maintain an accurate headcount for the food.

Thanks for your understanding.

Christian

headhunter:
I have corrected the dates on the original post in this thread and also deleted the Calendar Event for May 7th in the SoCal Calendar and added a new one for May 14th.

Can't make it, see you on the next one.

If all goes; I'll be getting my wreck cert this weekend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom