Wrinkles March '06 Dive Planning Thread - Catalina Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I haven't been out of the house yet, but the wind has diminished although it is still present. Hopefully things will die down a bit so the boats can make it and this will settle into a light rain.

Brandon and I are to bag the Wrinkles Dive on Sat in favor of some local snowboarding. We'll keep an eye on things for Sun. though, if anyone is going to be around.

Good luck, folks.

Cat express said the 10am boat (Long Beach) is going out. The rest of the boats will be on a boat by boat basis. Best thing is to call and check before you drive down to the boat.

I'm heading out the door right now and though I have a 4:15 reservation, I'll be taking whatever I can get on.

See you all there!

Christian

Boats are starting to run again. Rick, Teresa and their gang arrived on the 10:00 Long Beach boat. We had a rain shower followed by some nice sunshine so they are heading over to the park to get in a few dives.

9:45 AM Dana Point was canceled. My friends went to long Beach to catch the 12:15 from there. Winds and seas are down at the moment, although it isn't calm. Not sure what the forecast says about the winds for the next 24-48 hours but if they are calm, it may not be too bad. Harbor still looks clear. I'll give a report on the dive park after Rick does his first dive.

Costa Mesa. 12:13 PM. Just packing up the last bits before I head out to run some errands and go to Long Beach to catch the 4:15.

HAIL, not big stuff, perhaps the size of rock salt. Combined with pretty good rain, lasted about 5 minutes and now it's gone.

Well, I am still going.

Mark Vlahos

Just drove down to the dive park (Friday 1:30 pm). No one from the Wrinkles group had surfaced yet. Talked to a local instructor and a diver he was guiding. They went out to the Valiant. Said the conditions had declined a bit (vis down to 20') but that they both had a fantastic dive.

Of those who planned to head to the island tomorrow, who is still going? I've been toying with the idea of going Sunday instead. Rain is predicted for both days, but on Sunday it's supposed to be lighter rain with no wind. Then again, it was supposed to rain today, and it only rained this morning (at least where I'm at). Rest of day has been dry.

I'm probably more concerned about boats getting cancelled tomorrow due to rain/wind than anything else. However, it'll be a bonus if it ends up just being nicer on Sunday in general.

I have about two hours to to change reservations to avoid being charged for tomorrow. Anyone care to chime in? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

I'm still planning (hoping?) to catch the 4:15 tomorrow afternoon, if that helps you at all.

Adam

CaptainMarvel:
Of those who planned to head to the island tomorrow, who is still going? I've been toying with the idea of going Sunday instead. Rain is predicted for both days, but on Sunday it's supposed to be lighter rain with no wind. Then again, it was supposed to rain today, and it only rained this morning (at least where I'm at). Rest of day has been dry.

I'm probably more concerned about boats getting cancelled tomorrow due to rain/wind than anything else. However, it'll be a bonus if it's ends up just being nicer on Sunday in general.

I have about two hours to to change reservations to avoid being charged for tomorrow. Anyone care to chime in? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

We're still looking at Sunday as a possible alternative.

Back
Top Bottom