Wrinkles March '06 Dive Planning Thread - Catalina Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubakevdm:
Hey that was great! World famous salsa dancer and squid researcher Naoko and I are back safe and sound in sunny, Florida. It was 80 degrees when we got off the plane, and tears of joy welled up in ole Scubakev's eyes... I'll be back before too long, I think. Thanks again! I'll put up some underwater pics when they come back from the lab, but for now, here's some topside ones from World famous salsa dancer and squid researcher, Naoko.

Hey, we all enjoyed meeting both of you. Glad you could join us on the Left Coast.

Geez, it looks like I'm giving a karate chop to your friend from Florida.

You and Naoko missed a dinner last night that far exceeded the mischief we caused at Armstrong's the night of the pictures! Make sure everyone reads the police report in next week's Avalon Bay News (oh, and don't forget my article on the windmill worm).

Scubakevdm:
We saw some cool critters including a Horned Shark, and some great big hairy lobsters.

This is probably the horn shark Kevin and Naoko saw. It was resting on the plateau above the big wall along the breakwater.

We had one of the best times in along time this weekend. Thanks everyone!

Here is a trip report in one sentence:

wokeup early fri, boat cancelled, 4hrs of talk, boarded boat, exited boat, checked into hotel, first dive at the park, eye against mask lens, met up with everyone, slept along time, woke up sat morning, 3 great dives (1 Valiant dive, 1 missed Valiant dive), great get together at Dr. Bills, dinner at Portifinos, "can I shake your hand?", "I love you man", demon child, went to sleep, woke up sun morning, breakfast with Teresa, Josh, Tevis, and Mark, lets dive the Valiant, no, lets dive the Sujac, "I can do a deep dive with my air off:D ", long swim back from the harbor, boarded boat, exited boat, hugs and kisses for all.

Can't wait until the next one.

drbill:
You and Naoko missed a dinner last night that far exceeded the mischief we caused at Armstrong's the night of the pictures!

I know, you don't understand how much we missed it. I couldn't remember which house you said to go to after turning right. We ended up just waiting at the dock, but with a 7:00 departure from LAX the next day, we couldn't afford to miss the last ride back. There will be a next time though.

Scubakevdm:
I know, you don't understand how much we missed it. I couldn't remember which house you said to go to after turning right. We ended up just waiting at the dock, but with a 7:00 departure from LAX the next day, we couldn't afford to miss the last ride back. There will be a next time though.

Hey, certainly understand the concern about making the boat having flown out of LAX with a tight schedule between boat arrival and plane departure. Not something you want to risk, especially with the weather being dicey.

Actually my building is the only building on that street after you make the turn and pass the corner, and all the dripping dive gear on my railing would have been a dead give away! But we'll look forward to the next time.

One of our Orange County divers (Rick Coleman) posted an account of diving with your crew in Boynton Beach recently.

WOW....what a weekend. Thanks to everyone that showed up and made it a wonderful time.

Rick...thanks for the great dives
Bill....thanks for opening your place to us
Tevis…turn on your air
Jason…eyeball on mask = bad
Roy…watch out for finger hungry fish
Christian…thank you for putting everything together and great choice on the restaurants
Claudette…remember, the first one to surface wins 
Mark…thanks for being an ********** :wink:
Ted…to bad we didn’t get to dive together, next time
Teresa…thank you so much for being the beacon of sanity
Kevin…thanks for being in the middle of the insanity Saturday night with me
Adam….WHERE ARE YOU?

Everyone else thanks for helping us be loud and clear the restaurants we went to.

Sounds to me like I missed a good party on Saterday night, what happened?

PS. Add your picture to your profile so that we can associate your screen names with the faces.

Man! what a weekend!

Thanks and a thoughtful hug to all.

Oh, and where is Adam?

Still hung over and attempting to recover.

ShakaZulu:
Sounds to me like I missed a good party on Saterday night, what happened?

Did something happen Saturday night? I don't recall anything exciting happening?
... and if it did, you'd have to break my fingers before I told! :D

Christian, Rick, Teresa, Bill, Tevis, Jason, Glycerin, Claudette, Ken(& BunnyJaye), Mark, Ted, & Adam I had a great time... I can't thank you all enough. Everyone added to the experience, both under and out of the water...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom