Wrinkles January '05 Dive and BBQ planning thread - La Jolla

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubalaurel:
The toys? Definately don't want to be touching others' toys! :lol2:

Hon, we are not talking about the mechanical horse outside of Wall*Mart........

ShakaZulu:
Hon, we are not talking about the mechanical horse outside of Wall*Mart........

We're not? Then which toy, er, horse are we talking about? :angel:

scubalaurel:
We're not? Then which toy, er, horse are we talking about? :angel:

Why are you still up...........I think you know what I'm we're talking about.

ShakaZulu:
Why are you still up...........I think you know what I'm we're talking about.

Are you up :angel:
I can't get up. I'm grading papers...end of semester tomorrow! Yeah!

shaxs:
What do you think about that Oceanic Data Master II as a started computer? Air integrated, compas, and temp in it?

The least expensive computer is still a few hundred dollars. I would suggest that you think about how far you want to take your scuba diving and buy a computer that will grow with you. Not one that you will have do update in a few years. But just my 2 cents.

All the SUUNTOs have audible alarms. I'll give you a run down on the differences between my mosquito and cobra. If we don't dive together, I may even let you try out my cobra (though, you might end up really liking it and then wanting to kill me cause it is expensive). :wink:

You might what to look at the Aeris Atmos computers. I have the Atmos Elite and absolutely love it. Wireless, lots of alarms, ascent rate, etc., etc. But it was a bit expensive. I'd be happy to let you take a test run with it. Just as long as your nice to my toys :wink:

I'm going to try and get to the dive - so I'm tentative at this point. Should have a firm yes/no by next week.

I'm gonna be in Carlsbad that weekend, not sure how far the drive is? Also, is there any good diving spots in Carlsbad?

hey all, thanks for organizing Wrinkles. It sounds like a blast. I'll bring a dessert and/or breakfast items (muffins or scones).

I will have two friends (both divers) coming along too.

divebuddysean:
Roy, you are signed up to go.... You owe me 90 bucks, remember? :)

Oh really, kewl.........I'll be there.

Ann Marie:
The least expensive computer is still a few hundred dollars. I would suggest that you think about how far you want to take your scuba diving and buy a computer that will grow with you. Not one that you will have do update in a few years. But just my 2 cents.

All the SUUNTOs have audible alarms. I'll give you a run down on the differences between my mosquito and cobra. If we don't dive together, I may even let you try out my cobra (though, you might end up really liking it and then wanting to kill me cause it is expensive). :wink:

Hah, Im a very non-violent guy :) Actually, due to some on going mold issues with my apartment, we are getting a free months rents and my half is $650. So, I have now found a used Cobra with less than 12 dives, the compass attached, and the PC Cable for $400 on ebay. Also comes with a 30 day guarentee for me to test it out. So, I believe I will be buying that one.

Do you use a seperate Air meter with your cobra to see how much air is in the tank, or do you just use the Cobra??

Back
Top Bottom