Wrinkles January '05 Dive and BBQ planning thread - La Jolla

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ann Marie:
Thanks! I love toys!!!

At risk of getting into trouble, I'm just not going to respond..........I now completely understand you signature.

ShakaZulu:
At risk of getting into trouble, I'm just not going to respond..........I now completely understand you signature.

:rofl:

Ann Marie:
You know you guys, you are arguing about who turned who on and it is kinda grossing me out....

Someone post where you got your depth finders and what do you use them for (except of course finding depth.)?

Shaxs: I like my my mosquito so I am not really interested in selling it, but will let you try it out if you like on Saturday. I really only use it as a backup. My Cobra is my main computer which I'll have with me too.

Has anyone booked a hotel room yet??

Sweet. I will rent someonething from OE for the time being. Ill probably only go out to about 20 feet or so to test any equipmnet people let me borrow.

Also, I found a few microscopic holes in my bc baldder. Nothing major, but they defeintely leak. Should I super glue em (someone told me that).

As for acomputer, I prefer wrists ones so I can wear em on my right and keep a good hold on my dump valve and beable to see my computer when ascending to keep track of my ascent rate. I am also looking for one that has audible alarms, good buttons (unlike the alladain pro I dove with during class), and tells you your ascent rate. Anyone have an idea of a computer that fits this profile? Well, I take that back. A wrsit one is not necesarry as I can always move gauages to my right side as well. What do you think about that Oceanic Data Master II as a started computer? Air integrated, compas, and temp in it?

The Suunto Cobra I have is air-integrated with a quick disconnect feature, built in compass, backlighting, computer downloadable, etc. It's a great diving system (you don't need an SPG since it will deal with your air) Of course there are many computers out there. I have heard the Oceanic are less conservative but people dive will all kinds of computers.

Here are the Suunto models:

Suunto Computers

Perhaps other sections of SB would be a better place to find a computer recommendations. Do a search for 'dive computers'. It's too bad the stores don't let you demo some models like GM lets you take home a car for a day...

Hope this helps!

Ann Marie:
Thanks! I love toys!!!

Not even gonna touch that......

divinman:

That would be a first. :eyebrow:

John

divinman:

The toys? Definately don't want to be touching others' toys! :lol2:

divebuddysean:
Who's going to Los Coronados Sunday the 30th? I noticed the boat is sold out!!
I just hope this great weather holds out for that weekend!!! NO SWELLS, PLEASE!!!

I would like to go.............can I kick in, how far is it???

Back
Top Bottom