Wrinkles January '05 Dive and BBQ planning thread - La Jolla

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divebuddysean:
Christian, I'll be there! It sounds like I won't be needing my depth finder,
but I'll bring it anyway! I think I'm going to bring it on the boat
to Coronados to get some accurate water visibility.

I didn't see your name on the list???

divebuddysean:
Christian, I'll be there! It sounds like I won't be needing my depth finder,
but I'll bring it anyway! I think I'm going to bring it on the boat
to Coronados to get some accurate water visibility.
Cool! I look forward to seeing you. I'll add your name to the list.

You know, if it wasn't for you, we wouldn't have all run out and bought depth finders. Those things are the coolest! Vexilar should be cutting you a commision check! :wink:

Christian

headhunter:
Cool! I look forward to seeing you. I'll add your name to the list.

You know, if it wasn't for you, we wouldn't have all run out and bought depth finders. Those things are the coolest! Vexilar should be cutting you a commision check! :wink:

Christian

Actually, John turned Sean onto them..........

ShakaZulu:
Actually, John turned Sean onto them..........

Actually I turned John on to them and you all went and bought out all the reworked ones before I got around to getting one so now I have to buy a new one!! :(

Terry

I think Robert Rines should take the credit, since he invented sonar!
Anyway, it's a great device, handy for shore diving and boat diving!
Can I still get the checks please?
:spaninq:

divinman:
Actually I turned John on to them and you all went and bought out all the reworked ones before I got around to getting one so now I have to buy a new one!! :(

Terry

You know you guys, you are arguing about who turned who on and it is kinda grossing me out....

Someone post where you got your depth finders and what do you use them for (except of course finding depth.)?

Shaxs: I like my my mosquito so I am not really interested in selling it, but will let you try it out if you like on Saturday. I really only use it as a backup. My Cobra is my main computer which I'll have with me too.

Has anyone booked a hotel room yet??

Ann Marie:
You know you guys, you are arguing about who turned who on and it is kinda grossing me out....

Someone post where you got your depth finders and what do you use them for (except of course finding depth.)?

Shaxs: I like my my mosquito so I am not really interested in selling it, but will let you try it out if you like on Saturday. I really only use it as a backup. My Cobra is my main computer which I'll have with me too.

Has anyone booked a hotel room yet??

He has a computer, he wants a depth finder...........it's very usefull in determining where you are with regard to the wall.

http://www.vexilar.com/products/lps1.html

Ann Marie,
The depth finder is a handheld device that looks like a flashlight. Here's the mfr. website:

http://www.vexilar.com/products/lps1.html

I use it because it's a cool toy, and I'm a guy. 'Nuff said, no?

Sometimes I use it to calculate viz, sometimes to calculate distance between myself and another object, sometimes to calculate depth when I'm kicking out to a drop down spot. And as you might have suspected, none of these is at all necessary. But I'm a guy, and it's a cool toy.

I bought it online from Reeds Sporting Goods (www.reedssports.com). An outdoor store in the midwest somewhere. Cost about $120 as I recall.

Thanks! I love toys!!!

Back
Top Bottom