Wrinkles January '05 Dive and BBQ planning thread - La Jolla

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey All! Count me in! Three concerns:

1) I was promised that my Certification would find itsway in the mail 2 weeks after my final (its been over 5).
2) I dont have a tank. I guess I can go rent one yes?
3) I have everything except a computer or gauages. I always borrowed those from my scuba class. Can I rent these as well?

So, these reasons may prohibit my diving :( Well, guess I can come and just hang out!

-Jason

shaxs:

1) I was promised that my Certification would find itsway in the mail 2 weeks after my final (its been over 5).
3) I have everything except a computer or gauages. I always borrowed those from my scuba class. Can I rent these as well?

So, these reasons may prohibit my diving :( Well, guess I can come and just hang out!

-Jason
Jason,

Since you are in San Diego, I'm assuming that you were certified in San Diego, but that may not be the case.

If you were, then the shop that you certified through knows that you have already been certified. Rent your equipment there. You can rent everything that you mention.

Ask the shop if this will be a problem and ask them to find out where your cert is. Do this now, so that you have answers sooner than later.

Either way, you can always come and hang out! :D

Christian

shaxs:

-Jason

You can rent full reg setups with computor from OE..........see you there.

headhunter:
Jason,

Since you are in San Diego, I'm assuming that you were certified in San Diego, but that may not be the case.

If you were, then the shop that you certified through knows that you have already been certified. Rent your equipment there. You can rent everything that you mention.

Ask the shop if this will be a problem and ask them to find out where your cert is. Do this now, so that you have answers sooner than later.

Either way, you can always come and hang out! :D

Christian

I was certified in San Diego, but not at a shop. I was certified at SDSU in a 6 month course that was very intensive. I will call my instructor right now.

shaxs:
I was certified in San Diego, but not at a shop. I was certified at SDSU in a 6 month course that was very intensive. I will call my instructor right now.

Okay, I called and he hasen't received them, but I can get a temp card. Sweet. Guess now I need to go to the page and see what food to bring.

EDIT: I will bring Potato and Macaroni salad if that is okay with everyone?

Ok dammit, I'll go............sign me up with whatever condiments, not difficult stuff, I can't cook.

ShakaZulu:
Ok dammit, I'll go............sign me up with whatever condiments, not difficult stuff, I can't cook.
OK Roy. The condiments are covered, so I've put you down for the veggie tray. No cooking and you can pick them up ready to go at the store.

I look forward to seeing you. Maybe this time we can talk you into coming to Rock Bottom for some after dive festivities! :crafty:

Christian

I've added a link to the original post about the Rock Bottom Restaurant/Brewery for those of you that wanted to know more about the place. It looks like the Radisson is definitely the closest hotel for just under $100 per night.

Just click on the words in red in the original post and it will take you to their web page with more info on the place (or just click on the link in this post).

Christian

Is anyone going to be on this dive with a depth finder???

ShakaZulu:
Is anyone going to be on this dive with a depth finder???

If I can't make it, I will send mine with whoever is going down from OC. With as many groups going out, you can never have too many of these.

Back
Top Bottom