Wrinkles January '05 Dive and BBQ planning thread - La Jolla

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As for the hotel - check out the Embassy Suites in La Jolla. Ask for the teacher's discount. I don't know if it is true or not...but I have heard they have rooms for $70 with the discount. It is right up the street from the Rock Bottom and directly across the street from the UTC mall. There is also the Radisson in La Jolla which is across the street from Rock Bottom and the La Jolla Hyatt - but I think the Hyatt is more expensive.

Somebody mentioned a campground not too far from La Jolla. What was it again?

I have Water form the November Wrinkles dive. I’ll bring that. Lets hope for good weather. See you all then.

George

Wow! I can actually make it to this event this month!!! Put me down for Hot Dogs and Buns.

I have a BBQ that you could use, but no way of transporting it down to La Jolla. If someone wants to transport it and bring it back to my place, let me know.

Ann Marie, Debbie, or any OC people, let me know too if you would like to Car Pool. I would like to stay all day and into the evening for all of the events. PM me if interested.

Looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones too!

krowsea:
Here's the closest one Jim, San Elijo State Beach, just north of Del Mar;
http://www.parks.ca.gov/default.asp?page_id=662

Another one a little further north, between Carlsbad and Encinitas is South Carlsbad State Beach;
http://www.parks.ca.gov/default.asp?page_id=660

John

John and Jim,

How about Mission Bay??? Is there camping there? I think that is closer to LaJolla. If I recall, it usually takes me all of 15 minutes to get from La Jolla to Old Towne. I am thinking of camping too. Unless John allows up to 'camp out' at his place!!! :eyebrow: Or, I just might come up for the day/ night.

Diver_Jan:
Ann Marie, Debbie, or any OC people, let me know too if you would like to Car Pool. I would like to stay all day and into the evening for all of the events. PM me if interested.

I think I will be able to stay the day and evening.... and might even consider staying over, but I haven't asked my guy if he wants to join us yet. His answer will determine my options. Let's talk again next week when it's closer!

Deb

I told my husband I was going and spending the night Saturday. I asked him if he wanted to come then he could golf during the day and join us for eats and drinks after the last dive (at the restraunt of choice) or during the BBQ. He is planning on coming with me. Last Wrinkle's dive in San Diego, he procrastinated until there wasn't a tee time available at Torrie Pines so he stayed home. I left early and missed a lot of fun, so I am planning to stay the whole day!!!

So Jan and Laurel, if you want to carpool I'm willing to drive (I have the room) but I want to stay Saturday night.

For those people that are spending the night, where are you all staying??

Ann Marie:
Last Wrinkle's dive in San Diego, he procrastinated until there wasn't a tee time available at Torrie Pines so he stayed home.

Ann Marie... will your hub want a golf buddy? Golf is what mine would much rather be doing, although he dives too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom