Wrinkles January '05 Dive and BBQ planning thread - La Jolla

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IAmJimbo:
Oh, P.S., I'll need to rent tank(s) Friday night when I get to the area... Is there a recommended dive shop close to the dive site to rent from? And is it close enough to get a refill between morning dives, or should I just rent two tanks?

thanx,

JimD

We usually run a truck load of tanks over for refill for those who opt to not bring two more tanks. OEX is not far but they fill slow and low so if ya can, rent two and check them before you leave the store.

See ya Saturday

TS

Scottkl:
The Cobra does not read 0 psi when you have 500 psi left. There is a setting in the computer that lets you set what psi you want to come up with and it figures out your air time with that buffer. It will say you have 0 minutes remaining when you hit 500 psi left in your tank. So when you hit 10-15 minutes remaing it is time to start heading up slowly. The Cobra is a great computer I have been diving on it for over a year and love it.

Scott

"The Cobra calculates your remaining air time from 500 psi up (500 psi = 0 airtime). "

Scott, was I confusing? I just calculate my own air time from my psi.

Sean

Sean,

I was replying to Shaxs's post after yours questioning if the Cobra when reading 0 psi was still at 500 psi. I was letting him know that the setting was not really psi but how the computer calculates your Air time remaing... I did not find your post confusing at all but from his post it looks like he was a little confused...

Scott
divebuddysean:
"The Cobra calculates your remaining air time from 500 psi up (500 psi = 0 airtime). "

Scott, was I confusing? I just calculate my own air time from my psi.

Sean

Scottkl:
Sean,

I was replying to Shaxs's post after yours questioning if the Cobra when reading 0 psi was still at 500 psi. I was letting him know that the setting was not really psi but how the computer calculates your Air time remaing... I did not find your post confusing at all but from his post it looks like he was a little confused...

Scott

I was a tad confused :)

I'll be coming to the Wrinkles dive (My first) and need to know what is still needed so i can contribute. I'll probably be there with another dive buddy, possibly two. See you there.

ScubaRich:
I'll be coming to the Wrinkles dive (My first) and need to know what is still needed so i can contribute. I'll probably be there with another dive buddy, possibly two. See you there.
ScubaRich: It looks like we have all of the food covered at this point.

We still don't have an EZup, BBQ Grill and Accessories or Charcoal.

Everybody: Is anyone planning on bringing any of the above items? The hot dogs and hamburgers won't be a hit if they are raw. :11:

San Diego people: Are there BBQ Grills on the grassy area already? I don't remember from the last time.

Thanks.

Christian

headhunter:
San Diego people: Are there BBQ Grills on the grassy area already? I don't remember from the last time.

Thanks.

Christian

There are a couple grills in the park area as I recall. I will be diving there Tuesday and will comfirm.

maybee if I can convince my dad to let me use his ez-up i will bring it, but don't count on it.

Back
Top Bottom