Wrinkles January '05 Dive and BBQ planning thread - La Jolla

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well I am definately going to be there. I don't care what the conditions will be. If I have to sit in Rock Bottom in all my scuba gear sipping a beer well then heck, I'll suffer...

This morning my son finished one of his school finals early, left school at 930 to go to a burger joint with some friends. Turned a corner and slid into another car. Luckily, no one was hurt. His '67 Mustang is worse for the wear. I am trying to decide on what kind of punishment to dole out (leaving school without permission). I say I could use a dive right about now. Maybe I'll buy myself a depth gauge or strobe....sigh....

And how was your day?????

Laurel, I'll dive with you whenever you get down there. Sorry that carpooling didn't work out. My hunny doesn't want to get up before dawn to drive down on Saturday. He would rather stay in a hotel. (Don't blame him)

Ann Marie:
This morning my son finished one of his school finals early, left school at 930 to go to a burger joint with some friends. Turned a corner and slid into another car. Luckily, no one was hurt. His '67 Mustang is worse for the wear. I am trying to decide on what kind of punishment to dole out (leaving school without permission). I say I could use a dive right about now. Maybe I'll buy myself a depth gauge or strobe....sigh....QUOTE]

Glad to hear he is alright. I think this same thing happened to me in High School, a couple of times actually now that I think about it.

I'll have my Oly C-5060 at Wrinkles to try out underwater for the first time! Thank you again Ann Marie. See you there.

By the way my name changed from ScubaRick To DvrRick fyi.

Ann Marie:
Well I am definately going to be there. I don't care what the conditions will be. If I have to sit in Rock Bottom in all my scuba gear sipping a beer well then heck, I'll suffer...

Yeah, you're probably right. Last month I think a lot of folks stayed away from the dive at Leo Carillo because of high surf predictions (and the long drive), and it turned out that those of us who went had an absolutely incredible weekend.

My mom was right: "You just never know..."

I met Ann and Shaka on the new introductions board yesterday and they suggested I come along to the event. I live locally and certified last summer. I've already signed up as instructed. Is there anything you would like me to bring along food wise? I look forward to meeting up with you all.

Grey_Wulff

OK, since it looks like Jim isn't sure if he will make it, we still need someone to bring the burgers.

Here are the names of people on the list that are not signed up to bring anything yet:

DiveCalifornia
PnL
divebuddysean
IAmJimbo
rndramz

I know that some of you on the list above may already be bringing something because you are splitting it with someone who is already on the list, so I want to be sure that everyone understands that.

Maybe some of you can split the burgers. Either each of you could bring some burgers or someone in San Diego could get all the burgers (I'm thinking of refrigeration here) and the rest can chip in when you get there.

Be sure to coordinate with Grey_Wulff (he's volunteered to bring the buns), so that we have a match for the number of buns and burgers.

It is not my intention to tell everyone what to do here. I'm just trying to facilitate the process since we've only got 2 days left for planning.

Thanks.

Christian

Christian, we have 32 people. How many burgers are we going to need? What about storing the paties? Do I need to bring a cooler and ice as well? I will pick up the burgers and bring them to the Shores at 6:30-7:00am. Maybe we ?(those you listed)can each put in 10 bucks(or whatever it comes to) to cover the costs? Does that seem reasonable? I'll pick up the burgers friday!

Well the french side of my dad came out tonight when I asked him about the ez up and he found every excuse to say no, so unfortunately I can not bring it. AlsoI don't know how many of you surf, but just letting you know that I will be there around 5:30 incase any of you want to go surfing before the first dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom