Wrinkles January '05 Dive and BBQ planning thread - La Jolla

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RebreatherDave:
Now, if only you all did boat dives, you all sound like a fun group......
Boat dives are in the future plans for the Wrinkles dives! We're working up to that.

But other than that, you'll find people looking to boat dive here as well. Maybe in the future there will be an event that revolves around boat dives once a month.

One beach dive and one boat dive per month for a large group sounds like a good plan.

Christian

divebuddysean:
Christian, we have 32 people. How many burgers are we going to need? What about storing the paties? Do I need to bring a cooler and ice as well? I will pick up the burgers and bring them to the Shores at 6:30-7:00am. Maybe we ?(those you listed)can each put in 10 bucks(or whatever it comes to) to cover the costs? Does that seem reasonable? I'll pick up the burgers friday!
I'm not sure how many would be good. We've got hot dogs as well and we always have too much food at the end of the day.

Ann Marie: How many did we get the last time we were in La Jolla?

A cooler with ice sounds like a good idea. If the patties are frozen, you probably won't need much ice to make it to lunch.

Splitting the costs sounds reasonable. Take whatever is costs and spit it by the number of you left on the list.

By the way, I took Jetfixer off of the list because he let me know that he would not be able to attend this month.

Thanks for stepping up!

Christian

Jim,

I signed up for getting the hamburger rolls and was clearly on the same wavelength as you - Costco special big honkin' burger rolls. Got them last night.

Grey_Wulff

My recollection is that the Costco burgers (frozen) come in bags of 18, and each bag is only like $10-11. I bought two bags last month and had a lot left over.

I think I bought 3 bags for the last San Deigo dive...way too many.

wrinkles:
I am SO SO SO sad.....My final is smack in the middle of the day and my instructor wont give me any lee way even though i explained to him i havent been in the water in oer a month.

Hope you guys have fun

Ana
Hi Ana, I'm definitely going to miss seeing you this weekend. Good luck on the exam! If you want to go beach diving next weekend, Feb 5/6, post a note or PM me and we'll go...I'd love to dive with you again! Who knows? Maybe the viz will clear!
Take good care and we'll dive again on a sunny day,
Claudette

Christian,

I will be driving down Friday night and staying through Sunday. Can you post the 'Tenative' schedule of events again??? Especially the times of the dives??? Also, is there a shop near by for air fills? I have 4 tanks, but may need the space for other *stuff.*

Also, do we need quarters for parking? Or is there a fee for parking? Are we still doing dinner in the evening? Have reservations been made, or need to be? What, when, where, how??? LOL

Looking forward to seeing those that I know, and making new buddies!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom