Wrinkles January '05 Dive and BBQ planning thread - La Jolla

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Frenchy2005:
maybee if I can convince my dad to let me use his ez-up i will bring it, but don't count on it.
Let us know what your dad says. It sounds like it's going to be a pretty hot day with lots of sun according to the current weather report.

Maybe someone else will be able to bring one also. It's good not to get dehydrated when diving. :crafty:

Christian

ScubaRich:
I'll be showing up early afternoon (possibly late morning) and can bring charcoal. Let me know.
Great! I'll put you down for charcoal.

By the way, we've found Match Light to be the most convenient (as long as someone remembers the lighter).

Christian

Any of you San Diego guys have a crystal ball for this weekend in terms of divability of La Jolla Cove and Marine Room? I saw that Sean was saying previously that both are iffy in the winter. And with the crummy conditions last weekend along the coast I'm wondering if there will be any diving this coming weekend at the big event for those of us who aren't going deep.

mccabejc:
Any of you San Diego guys have a crystal ball for this weekend in terms of divability of La Jolla Cove and Marine Room? I saw that Sean was saying previously that both are iffy in the winter. And with the crummy conditions this weekend along the coast I'm wondering if there will be any diving this weekend at the big event for those of us who aren't going deep.

In San Diego there is usually a distinct visocline at around 60ft, so expect 0-3ft vis below 60 ft, and 15-25 ft vis below 60ft.

I will re-update my crystal ball after I do a couple of dives in San Diego this weekend.

Wow this weekend is coming up quick and We still do not know if we will be making it. I will post again later this week if we can make it or not.

scubapro5:
Wow this weekend is coming up quick and We still do not know if we will be making it. I will post again later this week if we can make it or not.
Hope you and your family can make it. The weather report shows that this is going to be a beautiful day.

We'll miss you all if you can't make it this time. Of course, we'll all look forward to seeing you in February either way. :crafty:

By the way, I'll be bringing Tina's book if you come down. Otherwise, I'll get it to you next month.

Christian

A couple of updates. My name changed to DvrRick, there should be 1 other person joining me for Wrinkles, and in addition to the charcoal I'll bring the matches and lighter fluid. See you there!

headhunter:
So what did you find out?

Christian

Spotted at least One. It was dark. Seems like there is 3 at least there as I recall.

Terry

Can somebody (or bodies) volunteer to provide the hamburgers and rolls this time? If conditions are really bad at the Marine Room and/or La Jolla Cove, I may decide on Friday to stay local or go to Catalina. Don't want to leave everyone without 'dem burgers. Looks like there are still some folks who haven't signed up to bring stuff yet, so we should be okay. If we do come I'll bring something good.

For info, last time I got a couple bags of frozen burgers at Costco. Very good. I think there's 18 in a bag. They also have those big honkin' burger rolls.

Back
Top Bottom