Wrinkles December '06 Dive, BBQ and Campout Planning Thread - Leo Carrillo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As long as I kick this cold/flu that I have had for the past week, count me in for saturday night and sunday morning. I am scheduled to be on the Truth to Santa Cruz island saturday with dive buddies Kim & Jen. I believe they are going to bail on the campout. So, looks like it will be just me. I am looking forward to meeting more of the wrinkles group after the last Catalina trip. I can bring some Abalone that I caught earlier from Fort Ross. Abalone tacos has always been a great camping meal.

I so wish I could make it...
Graham just started playing ona winterball baseball team again. ...

think of me as you are all under the sea, k?

No can make this one. Christmas is a very busy time for me, and I'm playing all over the place most every night, and surely every weekend until New Years.

PLaying Sat night in Santa Monica, then on Sunday we're doing a rockin' Christmas thing on the 3rd street Prom on the 10th in the afternoon, then I'm playing a private affair in the evening, etc. OY. No sleep until New years day.

I'll miss you guys.

---
Ken

I just found out that I'm working Overtime the 9th and 10th. It's a no go for me. :wink:

Empty V:
I think I might be able to make it out on Sunday. Watch out though, if you dive with me I might backhand you, I've heard that I'm a flail.

Billy
Hi Billy!

That's how you got your nickname "Tae Bo". :wink:

You've spent a lot of time in the water since I had that underwater martial arts experience with you. I'm guessing a lot has changed since your earlier dives and that this will now remain one of those colorful stories that we all tell about each other's "early days".

Let us know when you're sure you can make it and I'll add you to the list for Sunday.

Hope you can make it.

Christian

I'm thinking I should be able to make one or both days of this. Iffy on the overnight, but I'll keep my fingers crossed. Depends on how well my wife's back continues healing, post surgery.

Is there two day's worth of diving at Leo?

Fair warning: My car was broken into last Saturday, parked along PCH at Leo Carrillo. I'm sure it would have been fine in the parking lot, but I was being cheap, and paid for it...

I'll be sure to bring something, food-wise, but I can't make the plans at the moment as I'm busy gearing up for La Bufadora this weekend. I'll check in the thread next week and post what I can bring.

I'm not certain, but I suspect the closest dive shop is Malibu Divers, perhaps 15 miles down PCH? Not sure if they have Nitrox, but I know they have air.

Malibu Divers
21231 Pacific Coast Hwy
Malibu CA 90265
Ph 310.456.2396

Store Hours
M-F 10am - 6pm
Sat 8am - 6pm
Sun 10am - 5pm

http://www.malibudivers.com/

headhunter:
Hi Billy!

That's how you got your nickname "Tae Bo". :wink:

You've spent a lot of time in the water since I had that underwater martial arts experience with you. I'm guessing a lot has changed since your earlier dives and that this will now remain one of those colorful stories that we all tell about each other's "early days".

Let us know when you're sure you can make it and I'll add you to the list for Sunday.

Hope you can make it.

Christian

For some reason, out of the 20something dive buddies I've had, you're the only one that has seen this once in a lifetime occurrence. There must have been something in the water that dive.

It'll be great to see you, hopefully I can make it.

Billy

Back
Top Bottom