Wreck diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

for a P38 mustang it would be worth it just to touch the darn thingand take a pic...I LOVE that plane
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are referring to two different airplanes.

The P-38 was called the "Lighting." It was produced by Lockheed at their Burbank facility. It is readily identified by it's twin boom tails and protruding center nacelle which housed the pilot, guns etc

The Mustang was identified as the P51. It was produced by NAA at El Segundo. It is a single engine low wing aircraft. It was the most successful fighter of WW11 and was also used in Korea to a limited extent for ground support. ( That bird brings back lots of memories for me)

Either airplane would be a big treat to see and dive on after all these many years... good luck with your search and dive safe

The P-38.......

ZirP38Lightning.jpg

Erika, I heard Jeff is looking for someone to share a room with:rofl3:

well he does need help with his penetration class and you did volunteer

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

This is already starting out to be a fun trip!

Yeah this is already sounding fun!
I just hope it doesn't get scheduled between August 12 - 19th cause I'll be outta town ...

But I ain't helpin Jeff with his penetration problems :)

I never said i was going to help him either! Aly Is putting words in my mouth.

your right i did but i swear i saw you post you would...sorry... guess we'll need another volunteer. anybody up for helping Jeff learn to penetrate?

The P-38.......

ZirP38Lightning.jpg
Youre right i did mix them up. you'd thing with my WWII concentration I would know better. Anyway the plane wreck i would love to dive is the F4U...Marine corp configuration not navy...there is supposed to be one on the windward side of Oahu but supposedly it has been so beaten up over the years it has become less than a skeleton

There will be NO penetration with my daughter wreck or other wise. I am not scared of going back to prision. Have fun Erika and thinks again crabs for takin good care of her

There will be NO penetration with my daughter wreck or other wise. I am not scared of going back to prision. Have fun Erika and thinks again crabs for takin good care of her

:rofl3: Ya know part of me is really glad that my dad decided NOT to get his OW

There is a F4U corsair submerged IN 75 feet of water about one mile off shore in OC at reef point. It bellied in around 1948.

I published an article in the now defunct SD produced, but national magazine titled "Discover Diving" in the Jan/Feb 1991 edition titled "The discovery and Demise of THE MYSTRY PLANE OF SCOTSMANS COVE." You might want to check out the article and consider a dive or two on it.

sdm

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom