Wreck diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was wonderin if, when I get back from florida, anybody know any and wanted to dive any wrecks. Ships, planes, cars, I dont care what the wreck is, I just really wanna dive some out here.

Lots of wrecks out Channel Islands way. Some are little more than debris fields, some are pretty impressive. Trouble is finding the GIS coordinates (don't ask I don't have them) or getting a commercial boat to do a dive there as most people find them uninteresting.

For a little background

http://www.nps.gov/history/history/online_books/maritime/channel.pdf

I would be up for it. I just dove the yukon last weekend. That thing is like an underwater playground going in and out of it! It's really fun. The Yukon has so many holes in it that many of the simpler level one penetrations are just going through tubes basically without need for a line. The Ruby E is much smaller and getting really really old. If you press on some of the walls or even the deck, you can see it start to flex and give. It's a very easy penetration as well.

I hear there is a P38 (I think) WW2 plane out there in wreck alley too but it sits at 140 feet so you would really need a large tank or doubles and could only look real quick and then make an accent.

Count me in. Any time, any place.

I'm not big on looking at the fishies...much rather dive a wreck.

Unfortunatly most of my buds are after the fish...!

Aly, I hope you enjoy the hell of of some wrecks down in Florida!

Last edited:
I'm in for a trip too. I've enjoyed diving wreck alley in San Diego. I'm allowed to look without penetration. A BC trip sounds like fun.

I would be up for it. I just dove the yukon last weekend. That thing is like an underwater playground going in and out of it! It's really fun. The Yukon has so many holes in it that many of the simpler level one penetrations are just going through tubes basically without need for a line. The Ruby E is much smaller and getting really really old. If you press on some of the walls or even the deck, you can see it start to flex and give. It's a very easy penetration as well.

I hear there is a P38 (I think) WW2 plane out there in wreck alley too but it sits at 140 feet so you would really need a large tank or doubles and could only look real quick and then make an accent.

for a P38 mustang it would be worth it just to touch the darn thingand take a pic...I LOVE that plane

It just so happens, I am scheduling a BC's trip to San Diego in August. I am working out the details and it will be posted in a couple days, on the Calender. There are a few long distant BC's down there, and usually when we go, they do a big picnic/dive, as well. It is always alot of fun.

And remember, carpooling is an option, so no gas excuses.:D

Rick

It just so happens, I am scheduling a BC's trip to San Diego in August. I am working out the details and it will be posted in a couple days, on the Calender. There are a few long distant BC's down there, and usually when we go, they do a big picnic/dive, as well. It is always alot of fun.

And remember, carpooling is an option, so no gas excuses.:D

Rick

This is true but would we go down in one day and come back???? i dont think so. so then comes the price for the Hotel :) Would love to go though

This is true but would we go down in one day and come back???? i dont think so. so then comes the price for the Hotel :) Would love to go though

Numerous times I have drove down and back in one day, as well as, stayed for the weekend. That is up to the individual.

well if it is multi day and you share a maotel 6 room you can get away with let than $30 dollars a night if you got 2 people and it can go even lower if ya got 3 or more people

Back
Top Bottom