WPB February 12th with Diving Solutions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KBeck:
Do you guys know if Doug has a nice hot shower on the boat like they did on Temptation....now THAT was handy!!!

Nope, I've never noticed any on Seacure or Spot. Spellbound (the 45' that they use for live-aboard trips to the Bahamas) must have one, but, I can't truly remember seeing one...

I plan to bring a winter coat, and a thermos of hot chai! Hopefully, it'll be in the sixties by the time we come up from our first tank (there's wishful thinking for ya). I figure, no matter what, it has to be better than the 20 something degrees I was treated to on the way in to work this morning here in Indianapolis!

See y'all in a couple of days.

P.S. I spoke to Doug today and he actually told me to check in with him tomorrow afternoon by phone. This surprised me, 'cause they rarely even consider cancelling in advance unless the conditions are CERTAIN to be awful - and we all know how good forecasting is. Anyway, I'm flying home tomorrow afternoon, and will try to call Doug, but, I won't be able to pass along what I hear until late tomorrow night. If anyone else feels like calling him and updating here...

:chicken: c'mon ya'll dance with me!

KBeck:
Well, I figure if we're blown out or chilled out (48 degree starting temp.....aaaaaccckkk!)

with 48 degree air temp just think how toasty the 70 somthing water temp will
feel......a dry bag will definitely be in order, not a good day for a
wet sweatshirt after the dive. someone asked about saturday afternoon.....
if the conditions aren't too bad and i can get a spot on the second trip i may
consider it.

idive2

and left.. and right.. shake yer tush.. and foward.. and down.. and BIG SUNSHINE FACES.. and left and right..and back and forth.. BIG SUNSHINE faces!.. and left.. and the big finish JAZZ FINGERS! - - -

hahahahahahahaha :laughing:

Come on peeps! Put down the tequlia and tell me what I missed!?! - - I am off to work now and expect a full report by 0800 when I get home!

The diving was wonderful. The first dive on Ron's rock had about 35+ feet of viz with water temps at 73. Saw one small little nurse shark and several eels. Dive two, the swells (8-10ft at times) really killed the viz and took it down to about 15feet. I counted 6 nurse sharks (but it's possibly there were less, and it was the same couple swimming around us) The surge was a little crazy, but all in all A GREAT day of DIVING. The SI was a little more then cold (brrrrr) I'm still trying to get warm. We all headed over to the Brass Ring for some post dive grub, (yummmmmy place to eat and hang out). I'm glad I got to make some new friends , as well as hanging out with our old ones... can't wait to do it all over again next weekend.

Orlando Eric:
Come on peeps! Put down the tequlia and tell me what I missed!?! - - I am off to work now and expect a full report by 0800 when I get home!

Touche, Eric! You just keep insisting on working when it's time to dive, so it's your own fault! :wink:

Well, we woke up to 43 degree temps at 7:00 am, with a wind chill factor of 39.....while not quite the cold of our northern friends, just plain cold to our thinned blood. Like the die hard divers we are :D, we packed up the car and headed for the marina. Met up with all our newest Conch diver DriftDiver, and our honorary member from Pennsylvania, nategasser, and lurker Conch Kevin (idive2).

I had been given the tip to put on all my wetsuits (yes, plural) before leaving the house, and was able to avoid that chilly early morning change of clothes. Very smart tip.

Surge was really kicking.....at one point, I tried to point out an eel and, after being pushed 8 feet or so each way, had to give up. Especially after viewing a porcupinefish desperately trying to fin his way over to the reef and not making much headway either.
I can verify the shark sightings this time, as well. Nice big nurse sharks kept cruising by every time I looked up. Just love seeing them cruising through the water.
It's been a long time since I'd dived much here West Palm. The reefs are still pretty beat up from the hurricanes, and lots of debris rolling around in the surf. But the reefs are definitely worth another look soon.

After, a lively lunch complete with adult beverages was enjoyed at the West Palm divers hangout at the Brass Ring......not fancy, but some of the best burgers in town! The party was continued at my place for a while longer, and we got to meet DriftDiver's beautiful fiancee Amy (please tell me if I've gotten her name wrong). We'll make a diver of her soon enough, DD.

And Nate, glad you got the chance to get in the water on your vacation. Just keep diving, and come back down anytime!

Thanks all for a great day of diving, despite the cold temps!!

See everyone on the 19th.....5 days and counting!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom