WPB February 12th with Diving Solutions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi. I'd love to join and have my FIRST Florida dive (just moved out from San Francisco). What should I expect in terms of type of dive, temps, visibility, special gear needs, etc.?

Any plans for diving on Saturday night or Sunday?

Gwyl

Come on down--we definitely operate by "the more the merrier" around here!

Type of dive: Drift dives are most common, @ 60 ft. reefs and similar depth on wrecks. Drop in, float along, come up when gas/bottom time requires. Very little navigation required. The wrecks are generally fairly simple as well.
Conditions: Last dive I was on was @ 72 degrees...your call on whether that's cold or not! Vis is much lower now than in the summer months; last dive was no more than 20 ft, but can depend on the weather, etc.
Gear: Most of us are in standard recreational gear; some may be in drysuits, long hose config, etc.
West Palm dives and the boats tend towards the average recreational diver; no need to be concerned with the dives being advanced.

Right now, weather conditions are iffy for Saturday AM, so we'll be in wait and see mode for a few days........unfortunately, SOP for January through about March here.

PM/Sunday dives: This time of year it's just too cold :) for me to do more than one set of dives a day, but you can certainly arrange to go on the afternoon trip if there is space. Generally, these boats send in groups with a DM with the float ball.

Just let me know what other questions you have!

If conditions improve, I'm in too.. Spoke with Doug a few minutes ago the ground swells have knocked down the viz to about 20feet (at best). This weekend isn't looking any better (sorry to say). I'll speak with him again tomorrow "late" afternoon and get another report... Someone please start dancing to amuse the sea gods.... :ne_nau:

BAitedStorm- What you are filling in for Hoya now as the bringer of bad news and gloom!?! - - :hai:

THE WEATHER IS GREAT! The seas are flat.. the albatrosses are singing!

Everything is perfect!

The Vis will be 60'+ and the water temps in the mid happies. :cheering:

Orlando Eric:
BAitedStorm- What you are filling in for Hoya now as the bringer of bad news and gloom!?! - - :hai:

THE WEATHER IS GREAT! The seas are flat.. the albatrosses are singing!

Everything is perfect!

The Vis will be 60'+ and the water temps in the mid happies. :cheering:
:god: How dare I

Update:

SATURDAY...WINDS NORTH 10 TO 15 KNOTS. NEAR SHORE...SEAS 2 TO 3 FEET SUBSIDING TO 2 FEET OR LESS IN THE AFTERNOON AND EVENING. IN THE GULF STREAM...SEAS 6 TO 8 FEET SUBSIDING TO 4 TO 6 FEET IN THE EVENING. INTRACOASTAL WATERS A LIGHT CHOP

Fri
Feb 10
Few Showers
High: 76°F
Low: 44°F

Sat
Feb 11
Sunny
High: 64°F
Low: 42°F

Ok, I guess I'll just need two coats and as much hot chocolate as anyone can pump into me. Do you guys know if Doug has a nice hot shower on the boat like they did on Temptation....now THAT was handy!!!

I can help with libations :) I have some processed cheeze spread and salsa dip leftover from the Superbowl too!!!
But hopefully it will never have to come to that. good seas. sunny days. the only wind is to come from the Taco Bell.......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom