Trip Report Feb 12th-19th Trip report. Tried different lodging and dive op

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for an interesting detailed report. Forget the strobe - those are wonderful pix!
Salty Endeavors needs to step up and make it right with you and the other divers. Things happen, we all have experienced hiccups and don't blame the operator. But dumping you off and telling you to get a cab is NOT the way to build customer loyalty. There are too many other dive ops that treat their customers right.

Thanks for an interesting detailed report. Forget the strobe - those are wonderful pix!
Salty Endeavors needs to step up and make it right with you and the other divers. Things happen, we all have experienced hiccups and don't blame the operator. But dumping you off and telling you to get a cab is NOT the way to build customer loyalty. There are too many other dive ops that treat their customers right.
I agree. IMO the captain should have radioed the shop what was happening and the shop should have had cabs waiting for the divers when they came ashore. That would have been extremely cheap positive PR.

UPDATE: Today I heard back from dive op owner Henry. My message ended up in a folder which was not recently checked. His intent was to have the cab fare covered, but there may have been a misunderstanding with the crew. Cab fare was refunded. Happy diving to all.

UPDATE: Today I heard back from dive op owner Henry. My message ended up in a folder which was not recently checked. His intent was to have the cab fare covered, but there may have been a misunderstanding with the crew. Cab fare was refunded. Happy diving to all.
Good to hear. Well, I knew that he would, but he's usually quick to reply. WhatsApp or FB messages work best, but not everyone has those. His local and US phone numbers are on his website, but emailing is easier and works in time. Life happens to us all at times.

Glad to hear they made it right- stuff happens, I am sure it was stressful for the captains and the other workers at the shop.

We have been diving with Henry and Salty Endeavors for years and he always provides good service. I knew he would make it right in the end. We are going back in April and will be diving with Henry again. Though we will not be getting picked up on the pier at Cozumel Palace again since they have gone crazy with their dock fees.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom