Wow! Mares Synchro Power Tech

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yknot once bubbled...
With separate posts and an isolator, are you refering to using 2 sparate first stages? I am truly trying to understand your configurations. To my thinking, with single reg/first stage, both a BC and drysuit would feed from same 1st stage and neither would feed if you had a first stage failure.

Yes, two complete regulators, one on each post of your doubles with an isolator valve between. Obviously with a single tank you can't get true redundancy but then again you shouldn't dive singles in conditions that require it :)

WW

Ok king kong matt
Actually your answer was the answer but what I would like to say that we connect both inflator, cos in a case of failure we don’t need more task to connect the other one, so we prefer to be already connected ………..
Anyway and this is my answer

Companies such as DiveRite, OMS and Zeagle lead the development of buoyancy compensator systems specifically tailored to the needs of the decompression diver.
Whatever system is chosen, it must have adequate lift for the primary and deco/stage bottles. Its important to use redundant buoyancy systems on dives beyond 60msw cos if u had any leak in your BCD and the inflator was inflating by it self for any reason u can disconnect the inflator hose and use the second one. Few, if any, of these styles of systems are designed to provide face up flotation in the event of an emergency and should be used accordingly. Redundant buoyancy compensation is generally considered a requirement. Drysuit divers typically use the drysuit as their backup system quite effectively. Warm water divers should use one of the available dual bladder systems.
Most manufacturers sell two bc bladders and two inflation/deflation hose combined as one unit . other divers just mount two wings back to back when redundancy is needed.

Many of these BCDs have elastic bands or tubing stretched around the bladder to apply continuous positive pressure. This keep the bag compressed and streamlined when its not inflated and the speed of deflation is faster.

wazza once bubbled...
Ok king kong matt
Actually your answer was the answer

I think you misread what Matt posted. What he posted was an explanation, by Jarrad Jablonski of GUE, of why we do NOT use either dual bladders or bungeed wings.

WW

No I did not miss read but I was telling u how we do it , that is all.
We do it this way and I saw loads of tek divers that they did world
Rescored starting form 190msw to 240msw, I was there and I learned
a lot from them. So I am happy with my configuration and this is the
most important thing cos I am the one diving with it.
and don’t forget that each one of us on earth has his point of view.
it doesn’t mean I am telling every one to do what I am doing. Nop.
And it doesn’t mean that what are they doing are right and what I am
Doing is wrong or vice versa. After all I do what ever I feel better for me
in the Water and to be in control of the dive with less tasks to do .
cos doing a 100msw dive and deeper ,Is not like going to 30msw

wazza once bubbled...
So I am happy with my configuration and this is the most important thing cos I am the one diving with it.

We have found common ground! You are completely right in this statement.

Dive safe always.

WW

Thanks wreck writer
I am glad that we agreed about something tonight
Now I can say goodnight

wazza once bubbled...
No I did not miss read but I was telling u how we do it , that is all.

But you still haven't really explained WHY you think those are good things to have as a technical diver.

I quoted one source that states why dual bladders and bondage wings are potentially a BAD and DANGEROUS thing to have.

Why, in your own words, is JJ wrong? Why are dual bladders/bungied wings acceptable for technical diving applications.

Thx,
Matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom