Wow! Mares Synchro Power Tech

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guys listen this Mares BCD is a very good one u can say its from the best recreational BCDs I had one 5 years ago, but it NOT a tek BCD at all .
One of the rules of tek diving is redundancy and in this BCD u don’t have it .
Redundancy in the BCD is to have 2 bladers in it, so in case of a failure for one of the bladers u can use the second one.
From the best BCDs for tek are the Dive Rite ( The Supper wing ) and the OMS wing.

I have the older Synchro Tech and dove with it for years, both teaching and recreational, and found it to be a very comfortable, easy to use BC. It may look like a tech BC and even hold doubles but it deffinately is not tech. It's a great recreational BC but not something I would or do use to do any kind of advanced diving. I've sence switched to a back plate and harness with with both the wreck wings for singles and the super wings for doubles but still have the old Synchro Tech in the locker as a back up.

Scott

MikeFerrara once bubbled...
They say it's the perfect tech solution. If that was true I would expect to see many experienced tech divers using it but I don't. IMO, the thing is trash and $10 is too much and 250 is a crime. I wonder why LP doesn't tell people that. I wonder what their tech diving experience is.

the sad thing is: many LDS's will push these things too.

Based on the picture $250 is a great deal when you consider that it comes out to about only $3 per d-ring.:D

Mike

Excuse my stupidity raxafarian
what is funny about what I said ??

raxafarian once bubbled...

That's too funny.

wazza once bubbled...
Excuse my stupidity raxafarian
what is funny about what I said ??

I think Rax found it humorous that what you claimed to the proper meaning of redundancy in tech diving is exactly the oposite of what most tech divers believe.

Tom

raxafarian once bubbled...

That's too funny.

Once again someone just had to be a smartass. Rather then using their training and expreience to educate others they had to try to make someone else look stupid.

you can get a diverite stainless backplate with your choice of harness and diverite classic wing for $289 from
www.northeastscubasupply.com in my opinion a lot better deal.
joens

"you can get a diverite stainless backplate with your choice of harness and diverite classic wing for $289 from....."

A better deal is to get a Fred T. backplate and wing......and I ORIGINATED THE POSTING.

I think the backplate and wing is a better option for EVERYONE. But, at half price of what it normally is, the Mares Synchro Power Tech BCD(Man, that's a lot to write) is a good deal for those divers who have "not seen the light" of the backplate and wing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom