Wow! Mares Synchro Power Tech

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buff

Contributor
Reaction score
LeisurePro has the Mares Synchro Power Tech for only $250.00

that's a steal......

I have never dove this B.C. but have heard many good things/reviews of it.

The ultimate evolution of the Mares back mounted BC technology.
The MARES SYNCRO POWER TECH BC is the perfect technical solution for divers who want maximum freedom of movement underwater, without giving up the comfort and stability of a traditional BC. Uncompromising. Unparalleled.

Hmm.. Judging from the picture, I have no idea how that BC can provide "maximum freedom of movement"

They say it's the perfect tech solution. If that was true I would expect to see many experienced tech divers using it but I don't. IMO, the thing is trash and $10 is too much and 250 is a crime. I wonder why LP doesn't tell people that. I wonder what their tech diving experience is.

I'm sure they use a simple formula correlating the number of D-rings and pockets, and the length of the inflator hose, with the tech-suitableness of a rig :)

Now, just because their formula is basically inverted from what it should be....

MikeFerrara once bubbled...
They say it's the perfect tech solution. If that was true I would expect to see many experienced tech divers using it but I don't. IMO, the thing is trash and $10 is too much and 250 is a crime. I wonder why LP doesn't tell people that. I wonder what their tech diving experience is.

Although this BC may not be the "perfect Tech" thing, it's a good BC especially at such a low price. I have had mine for less then a year and I have no complaints. Sure you can get a Seaquest or BP/Wings for twice as much. What else can you get for $250, even from LP or Diveinn.
:viking:

I have done about 100 dives in them and found it to be a great BCD, it is very comfy and holds twin 100cft tanks and stages bottles with ease.

for that price it is a steal, and if they still had them in Large I would have purchased one as soon as I hit the site.

Sorry but it looks like a cumbersome mess.
I wouldn’t pay the 10 dollars that MikeFerrara suggested.

"cumbersome mess" you say.

.........coming from someone who works in government that must be a complement.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom