Would You Wreck Dive With These People?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

catherine96821:
Really? That would be great. We could do one dive a month where we work on a new piece of the puzzle. make it fun, not a nightmare. We give you our specs (depths of various chambers, etc) then you could do a cross section...or whatever.

Thanks nailer99! Actually they look nice together but I did not get any one really outstanding shot...we had light issues and I was overwhelmed with the diving a bit.

Yeah, slow and easy would be the way to go. Sorry, you didn't get any outstanding shots, I only got about a minute of viewable video footage, so.........

Universal Diver,
It was good to meet you. I don't know how you feel about shore diving, but I usually do the pipe right from the shore. The swim is not really that bad. If your ever up for it let me know.

catherine96821:
Oh, Universal, you are an Instructor? Glad you enjoyed yourself...I though we had a good group of cool people. Lots of Instructors and DM and technophiles.

How do I take this? Hmmm....was I that bad?

Yes, Instructor and ex-part-owner of a dive shop and ex-owner of a diving service in Japan.

I'm kind of the silent type at first but after a while, I tend to lighten up a bit. I realized everyone was experienced on the boat so I really didn't talk too much. Like a shadow.

Chris

onfloat:
Universal Diver,
It was good to meet you. I don't know how you feel about shore diving, but I usually do the pipe right from the shore. The swim is not really that bad. If your ever up for it let me know.

Shore diving is alright with me. Of course, I prefer boat diving but if you only do boat diving, you miss a lot of cool stuff closer in.

Honestly, I don't know how much diving I'll be doing until I really settle in. I just started my job and I'm still looking for a home for my family. I'll let you know though!

Chris

well, we will all dive again. herbman from here will be here the 6th and if anyone would like to dive let me know. I am planning Sea Caves and Sea Tiger and Yo, and Corsair. We should try to get to Sharks's Cove, I hear it is a lake. 150 ft viz today.

catherine96821:
We should try to get to Sharks's Cove, I hear it is a lake. 150 ft viz today.

The North Shore conditions the past few weeks have been really good. I'm used to the vis being so-so (in comparison to being further out on a boat) but it's been nice recently.

oh? but you don't bother posting a report?

and who exactly were you up there with?

you have "other" friends?

catherine96821:
oh? but you don't bother posting a report?

and who exactly were you up there with?

you have "other" friends?

If I posted a report I'd have to admit to my "surface swim of shame" - LOL. Billfish (you met him on Monday night's dive, probably) and I dove Firehouse this past Sunday. First dive we headed left, got as far as the middle table at Three Tables and made it back to our exit point, no problem.

Second dive we decided to head right towards Shark's Cove. We turned the dive and after a while I notice a lot of divers in the water. Then I recognize the large sandy (underwater) entrance of Shark's Cove. I really can't believe what my eyes are telling me, so I go up to the surface to see where we are. Yup, we are right in front of the entrance to Shark's Cove. I still cannot figure out how we swam so far before turning the dive - I really don't think there was a current, either. Anyway, we ended up surface swimming a lot longer than we normally do to get to our exit point. Good exercise, I guess.

I got pretty far off course over there once....it can be mesmerizing. Did you swim or walk back? I would have taken a taxi.

good viz that day?

onfloat:
I don't know how you feel about shore diving, but I usually do the pipe right from the shore. The swim is not really that bad. If your ever up for it let me know.

Where do you enter/park to dive that from shore? The 40 mile drive to the North shore is a bit much for me to do more than one night a week.

catherine96821:
I got pretty far off course over there once....it can be mesmerizing. Did you swim or walk back? I would have taken a taxi.

good viz that day?

I think we went further than we thought when we followed an eagle ray for a while. We swam back - no current so it wasn't so bad. I'd rather surface swim than walk anywhere with all the gear on.

Vis was very good, compared to the usual.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom