Would You Wreck Dive With These People?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cacia

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Me neither, but it was too late to back out....

DSC_0101.jpg

It's hard taking pics in a snowglobe sardine can!

collage22.jpg

Things were pretty tight in the engine room...
DSC_0011-1.jpg

and better outside....:D
DSC_0043-1.jpg

(I'm not sure I liked it in there...maybe I did...kinda didn't)

collage31.jpg

DSC_0028-1.jpg

DSC_0039-3.jpg

DSC_03662.jpg

Thanks to all for coming...great group of strong divers.

LOL
Did you have fun?
Avoid deco and high po2´s?
Safer?

Tell us about the dive :coffee:

well, Tom made us plan. they tried to coerce me into turning off my computer but I had not had enough kool-aide...just couldn't imagine doing it, its a comfortable habit. Maybe someday.
But they did and I watched. No deco, I think I have been taking too long on the deep part of my ascent the other times.

We knew it was going to be tight, we just didn't know HOW tight. -- pretty tight!

Tom was first, then me, then Olivia, then Bruce. At one point at the last ten feet or so Bruce motioned me to go in further, and I said Nope. I was feeling a bit confined...Tom was working with his reel, and there was really no more room...My camera and strobe arms make me a double wide. Then we looked at the engine and I thought "looks like an engine" and left. When I got outside the wreck, I was much happier and still had some time so we went into the wheelhouse, which is much more spacious. The controls are written in Chinese.
I noticed them having a secret conference and then do the secret handshake..
They did nice stops in a circle and I snapped pictures while I waited for them. We did one minute stops from 60 ft every ten and managed to find the boat, which is always nice! I had 1000 psi left which surprised me because I was not totally mellow inside thinking I was in the bowels of hell. Fun though to be a little scared, you know?

Excellent pics, as usual, Catherine! I do love your silhouettes.

Sounds like an awesome dive, wish I could have joined you.

Good for you Catherine. I wasn't sure you were going to go in, although I knew you wanted to. I must say that I don't like confined spaces too much either. Well, actually not at all. I could never be a cave diver. I do like penetrating wrecks as long as there is some room to move around.
Great shots. I like the first one with the faces and the outside shot.

It was fun...just kidding about backing out. We did all the calculations and I learned a few things new. I watched the bubbles perculate the silt off the sides in the wreck. I had never seen that the other three times, but not four divers.
We had some really great guests along for the dive from the veternarian conference, Clare for one, she is an Instructor doing Advanced Nitrox and Deep, and she is just getting into doubles and argon for 40 degree Atlantic water, etc. So, she had interesting things to say....

Also, Captain Chris just came back from the Orisitenski (sp??) the airplane carrier off Pensacola, Fla., which is at like 220 ft. he claims to have some good pictures.

Leesa saw some good critter nightlife, including a dragon morray.

I think you may mean the Oriskany... :)

Grrr... I should have just went. Glad you guys had fun!

Back
Top Bottom