Would you be interested?....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Correction..Hollywood Blvd actually becomes Pines Blvd. DU is just past Broward Community College, on the north hand side of the road.

pool, 80+ water, a few brews after, sounds like a winner. Count me in

I'm there- Jenny, you coming?

I can't make it on Tuesday, I have a prior commitment....Monday would be good tho...

hrmmmmm..... this could be do-able, I'll get back with ya'll.. Excellent idea Renee!!

Renee - this is an excellent idea! I'm thinking that most folks who would do this have their own gear, but there might be some nights when an equipment "special" would be cool (e.g., backplate for those without BP experience). Otherwise, it might be interesting to have a skill of some sort at each session (different kicks, 1-2 rescue skills, blackout mask drills, no fin propulsion, bailouts, etc)

Might ask the LDS whether the folks who attend should use the LDS' tanks instead of bringing their own. For a buck or 5, participants could use the LDS' tanks and reduce the chaos of lugging gear thru the store (which the store might prefer). It also gives the LDS a minor cash sale...

I'll tinker with the calendar to try to join you on the 8th. Great idea!

Scuba_Jenny:
Correction..Hollywood Blvd actually becomes Pines Blvd. DU is just past Broward Community College, on the north hand side of the road.

Thanks Jenny! You are quite right (I work off of Pembroke and had it on my mind)
Hollywood becomes Pines!

BECAUSE OUR JENNY CANNOT MAKE TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 8TH - WOULD YOU ALL BE ABLE TO MAKE IT IF I CHANGED THE DATE TO THE 7TH?

Pleeeaaasseee Pllleeeaaaaseee????

MB:
Renee - this is an excellent idea! I'm thinking that most folks who would do this have their own gear, but there might be some nights when an equipment "special" would be cool (e.g., backplate for those without BP experience). Otherwise, it might be interesting to have a skill of some sort at each session (different kicks, 1-2 rescue skills, blackout mask drills, no fin propulsion, bailouts, etc)

Might ask the LDS whether the folks who attend should use the LDS' tanks instead of bringing their own. For a buck or 5, participants could use the LDS' tanks and reduce the chaos of lugging gear thru the store (which the store might prefer). It also gives the LDS a minor cash sale...

I'll tinker with the calendar to try to join you on the 8th. Great idea!

Would love to have you join us! (Maybe you can be the guest host one night and plan some skills!) I am planning on making this a monthly or more thing. I want to find pools in different areas that we can use.

I'm meeting with the shop tomorrow to try and develop this further. I know they will let me work with some fins which is a good place to start since they are relatively inexpensive and there are so many new models out these days. Kinda nice to compare the feel of the different fins although a pool doesn't give you performance in open water conditions.

This shop has a huge garage door that rolls up for entrance to the pool. You drop your gear inside the door and then right to the pool! I am going to get pricing to rentals for the evening in case anyone doesn't have tanks but I am trying to keep the cost free or close. Point is to get people's skills up when the seas aren't the best.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom