Would anyone buy this package

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RockyTop

Registered
Reaction score
Here is a package my lds is offering. would anyone "support" their lds by purchasing this package.

Sequest Passport BCD
Aqualung Titan Regulator
Aqualung Low Profile Octopus
Suunto 2 Gauge Console
Scubapro .5mm henderson microprene jumpsuit
deep see excursion roller duffle

all this for the price of $1,175+tax. Am i missing something or does this package suck for that price.

would anyone consider this or would you basically tell them to stick it and shop online.

RockyTop:
Here is a package my lds is offering. would anyone "support" their lds by purchasing this package.

Sequest Passport BCD
Aqualung Titan Regulator
Suunto 2 Gauge Console

all this for the price of $1,175+tax. Am i missing something or does this package suck for that price.

would anyone consider this or would you basically tell them to stick it and shop online.

I would not, but then again I dont do that type of diving.

RockyTop:

Sequest Passport BCD
Aqualung Titan Regulator
Suunto 2 Gauge Console

One thing to consider if your stuck on the AquaLung. It is not available online. (From an authorized dealer that is)

I would not. You can get higher quality gear than that for the same price.

$400 even will get you a nice Apeks regulator set (ATX40 + ATX40 + DS4).
$470 will get you an Oxycheq BP/wing
$50 for a decent pressure gauge
$130 for a bottom timer
$50 for the wetsuit

$1100 even, leaves you some extra for a nice duffel or a better wetsuit.

Seems overpriced to me...I'd guess about $750-800 for all of that stuff in most shops that sell Aqualung.

Geez, for that same money you could get a full setup with a Zeagle BC, Atomic B2 Reg, Octo, Suit and Gauges... For the setup described, that seems like a lot of "support".

RockyTop:

Sequest Passport BCD
Aqualung Titan Regulator
Suunto 2 Gauge Console

I am not all that familiar with Aqualung gear however I have heard good things about the Titan and some Seaquest BCs. The best thing you can do is to dive a rig or one that is similar to it to see how YOU like it. For the most part Aqualung makes quality equipment. Some of their gear may not always be the best but it's definitely not the worst.

i knew that didnt sound like a very good deal to me.

anyway, i just finished my first 2 open water dives today. i will finish up tomorrow and be certified. if i wasnt hooked before, i am for sure now. the open water dives were great.

i am also sure i want to own my gear. i just want to make sure i get what i pay for. i love the diving, just hate trying to find the right gear for the right price.

i will be doing warm water diving and have no intentions of diving below 100-120 feet

i have looked around at various lds and have not been real happy with any of them. it looks like my business will be conducted online.

Larry,

what kind of package can scubatoys put together in the price range i mentioned above and that suits my diving needs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom