Anyone in Indonesia using Cressi MC9 XS Compact Regulator?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stewartlife

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi everyone, new here in scubaboard, from Indonesia.

I never have “big” gears like BCD and regulator since I’ve been diving, as I like lightweight travel (always use whatever the dive center provided for rental).

But now I’m thinking of getting my own, but I still would like to get one that is light. So after researching on the available travel regulator in Indonesia, I found either Cressi MC9 XS Compact Regulator (or the Pro version) or Aqualung Mikron.

The price difference between the two is quite significant, with Mikron is around USD 300 more expensive than the MC9 for the package already including octo and single gauge.

Given that I’m only diving 3 times a year (max 4 times a year), I’m thinking that Cressi would be a better value for me.

Anyone in Indonesia (or Southeast Asia) using that regulator? Any feedback so far based on real experience?

Would love to get more info on this before making a purchase. Many thanks in advance!

Selamat datang.
Scubapro's Mk11 with c370 is a very well performing, (relatively) cheap and light package. Not sure how much it costs in Indonesia though compared to your other options.

BTW by "diving 3/4 times a year" do you mean that you do 3/4 dives per year, or you have 3/4 dive holidays (say a week long or 10 dives each)???
If you do only 3-4 dives a year and you know that you won't dive more than that in the future, then financially it doesn't make sense to buy your own gear.

Both are fine, mid-range regulators. You will find many dive ops use Aqualung regs and BCDs because they are generally very durable, easy to repair, easy to service, and overall solid options for a rental "fleet." I don't ever consider buying Cressi stuff, but that is just me.

You don't say where you are in Indonesia, but I think the most important factor as to what you choose is if you can get it serviced/parts for it easily. If there is an Aqualung service center nearby and nothing for Cressi, for sure, buy the Aqualung gear... The same is true the other way around.

FWIW: If I were in the market for new regs, I would look to spend a bit more and go with Scubapro or Atomic. My Scubapro S600/MK25 is around 18 years old. I don't even think about replacing it.

Hi all, thanks so much for the replies.

I live in the capital Jakarta, and so there are authorized distributor for Cressi (as well as Aqualung, Scubapro, and other major brands).

By 3-4 times a year, I meant dive holidays/trips. Usually about 3-4 days of diving for each trip.

Some parts of Indonesia that I’ve dived (and would like to dive more) has moderate to strong currents — such as Komodo and Alor.

And I’m planning to do my first ever dive liveaboard/LOB trip this year to Banda (7-8 days) — this upcoming trip is actually the main trigger, because we need to the rent for equipment in dive LOB (unlike if I go to a certain dive center to dive where they usually already include rental into the fun dive rates).

In addition to Cressi MC9 XS Compact (Pro), I’m actually also looking at the Scubapro MK11 + C370 combo, which seems to be a lightweight option too. I will check for the price and availability locally.

But is there any reference on tests for that Scubapro model? Or if anyone else can share their experience of using it? Thanks!!

In addition to Cressi MC9 XS Compact (Pro), I’m actually also looking at the Scubapro MK11 + C370 combo, which seems to be a lightweight option too. I will check for the price and availability locally.
Sea Pearl Dive Center in Central Jakarta does all things Scubapro. They are good people.

Hi everyone, new here in scubaboard, from Indonesia.

I never have “big” gears like BCD and regulator since I’ve been diving, as I like lightweight travel (always use whatever the dive center provided for rental).

But now I’m thinking of getting my own, but I still would like to get one that is light. So after researching on the available travel regulator in Indonesia, I found either Cressi MC9 XS Compact Regulator (or the Pro version) or Aqualung Mikron.

The price difference between the two is quite significant, with Mikron is around USD 300 more expensive than the MC9 for the package already including octo and single gauge.

Given that I’m only diving 3 times a year (max 4 times a year), I’m thinking that Cressi would be a better value for me.

Anyone in Indonesia (or Southeast Asia) using that regulator? Any feedback so far based on real experience?

Would love to get more info on this before making a purchase. Many thanks in advance!

I’ve used the older first stage mc7 2006-2022… never a single problem.. maintenance every winter.. almost 700dives in tropical water… now I’m thinking to change only the first stage for the mc9 or the more expensive t10… 😉

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom