World's First Artificial Gills Re-breather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Too funny.... You know, the more you read about their concept description the more it becomes fantasy. For example, they state the device has a 15ft. depth limit before a vibrator would go off and it would become harder to breath. This to me sounds like it would have to have some sort of pressure guage in the device and more electrical components than just a "modified" battery powered "micro" compressor. Then you get into the fact it would need a couple valves to keep you from inhaling water, especially when you exhale. Then they mention turning the device on and off... Where's the switch? How could you possibly fit all of these things in something smaller than the size of a standard scuba regulator? You just can't, at least not to support human life.

This one fell into the see ... but maybe while ten others are launched.

So, here's the video.

1. The man in the video is never identified, and probably never will be nor be available for interview. There's a reason for this;

2. Note how he holds his head in a rigid way, never straying from the pose he holds in the video. There is no presentation of his head, mask or the device he allegedly is breathing from at any other angle that would reveal a hose coming in from another source;

3. Finally, watch his chest, which has tattoos of straight lines on it *which never move*, even though he's supposedly breathing and exhaling rather deeply judging from the bubbles we see coming from him. This is why my challenge to the Triton people involved TWO underwater cameramen of my choosing, and still does--you can't pull off a stunt like this when multiple angles are covered in real time.

Ok, there campaign is back up and they have admitted their dishonesty with their latest update that is is utilizing liquid O2 in cylinders. Perhaps that true, I don't know enough about it to say, but what a bunch of ********.

Edit: They are still full of it. First of all, how in the hell do they think they are going to sell liquid O2 bottle around the world and bypass regulations. Second, after reading this Liquid Oxygen there's still no way I see it being possible.

Last edited:
Breaking news : they simply rebooted the campaign and they have already collected 40 grands this second time ;-)
The world is crazy.
This time it's for good ;-)

they have admitted their dishonesty with their latest update that is is utilizing liquid O2 in cylinders
Where ? I see no difference in their pitch.
[Edit] Ok, I see it in the 4th update.
That is even more insane than before ! ;-)
Even at 3000 PSI (since "liquid air" doesn't exist at current temperature), those handles would not allow more then 40 breaths.
The smallest Spare air gives 85 liters of air, that is only about 30 breaths, so say 6 minutes underwater (and I don't think one of these would fit into those handles).
Why oxygen ? Why not air ?
What about lung over inflation ?
And so on, and so on.

So the full primary pitch is a lie ... they say it themselves ... but Indiegogo still doesn't matter.
The 4th update is also a lie, but nobody cares.
Pure oxygen shipping is almost impossible.
3000 PSI shipping is almost impossible.
Volume is not sufficient.

Last edited:
It's all a lie. Including the latest video. They are excellent at graphics design for webpages and 3D printing. However, they are extremely dangerous to the public. They have a bunch of people asking if they can dive to 45 or 60 ft breathing straight O2 on this device and Triton's only answer is that the device won't work past 15 ft. Not that doing so would be deadly.

So you wonder if those who are uneducated on the subject will now think perhaps they can grab a small bottle of O2 and start diving. You can find small "full" medical O2 bottle on Craigslist all day and if you really want to get them filled you may find a welding shop that would do it.

If anyone dies because of this nonsense and I was on a jury, I would hold these con men "and" Indiegogo responsible. IMO, It's one thing to publish nonsense on a website, it's totally different when you start excepting payment for dangerous advice, including the claim that their customers won't need any training to use compressed gas at depth.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom