World's First Artificial Gills Re-breather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have just written a report to Indiegogo and think it would be worthwhile for others to do the same. Write up your concerns and attach it as a PDF file. Their terms of use prohibit scamming.

I wrote/reported them after the second launch. Aside from the scam, this new launch to me is a danger to the public. You have con artists telling/advising the public "for money" through Indiegogo (a US based company) they can dive using 100% O2 gas without any training or special equipment.... But I've received the same copied and pasted response as everyone else. Like I said earlier, if I was the judge or on the jury, I would hold Indiegogo just as responsible for anyone's death as a result of this.

Their terms of use prohibit scamming.
That is probably a scam too. Good luck.

I wrote/reported them after the second launch. Aside from the scam, this new launch to me is a danger to the public. You have con artists telling/advising the public "for money" through Indiegogo (a US based company) they can dive using 100% O2 gas without any training or special equipment.... But I've received the same copied and pasted response as everyone else. Like I said earlier, if I was the judge or on the jury, I would hold Indiegogo just as responsible for anyone's death as a result of this.
I don't think there is any danger to the public as this item will never be shipped. Even if it was they could never ship the liquid Oxygen is small sealed containers.

Aside from the scam, this new launch to me is a danger to the public. You have con artists telling/advising the public "for money" through Indiegogo (a US based company) they can dive using 100% O2 gas without any training or special equipment.

I don't think you have anything to worry about there, the backers don't seem to be aware enough of anything to come to that conclusion, they just want to swim around underwater like Jedi.

Last edited:
This campaign would make money even if the fifth update was "We are scamming you, but we know that you just don't care".
People are eager to throw 300+ $ after reading the pitch and watching the videos. The lie is there. It's like an insurance contract with small footer notes.

Scam implies malice. This may simply be stupidity.
They've already made the item and tried to dive it. If you read the debunk article you will even notice that the scammers faked the video showing its use. I'd use the word scam. And with over $1 million in crowdfunding dollars, I'd say 3 dudes are going to enjoy a nice Caribbean vacation soon. AFAIK there's no real recourse for the victims.

I've also reported their youtube video (as scam). This is not stupidity.
This is deliberate scam.

Tell me how you can only be "stupid" when you say you are using a functioning prototype sitting like this in a swimming pool, not moving your head at all to make the video editing easier (hiding the air pipe that helps you stay there). By NO CHANCE is that stupidity.

Last edited:
They've already made the item and tried to dive it. If you read the debunk article you will even notice that the scammers faked the video showing its use. I'd use the word scam. And with over $1 million in crowdfunding dollars, I'd say 3 dudes are going to enjoy a nice Caribbean vacation soon. AFAIK there's no real recourse for the victims.
I agree with you. My comment was much earlier in the game.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom