World Cup winners ??

who will lift the World Cup in July ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trinigordo:
.....and yours are between unethical or liar, take your pick limey :mooner:
Ooooh.......calling names now are we? :lol:

So you'd be somewhere between bad-loser and whiner?

Trinigordo:
Well if you don't agree that the Crouch goal was a disgrace to England and the English fans, I guess everyone has their flaws and yours are between unethical or liar, take your pick limey :mooner:
i prefer pommie.. as would AW :D

well my parents are italian and i remember my dad waking me about 30 years ago to watch the last time the aussies was in the world cup

as much as he would be cheering the italians he loved this country so much (australia) i really think he would be hoping they win

Never understood why they call the English pomey. As I hear it, the origin of the phrase is POME, as in Prisoner Of Mother England. The label given to unfortunate souls that were "punished" by being sent to the much nicer colonies.

POM or pommie!

as in dryer than a pommies towel :D

now we just send them to Japan

(dont we Kim :D )

Trinigordo:
Never understood why they call the English pomey. As I hear it, the origin of the phrase is POME, as in Prisoner Of Mother England. The label given to unfortunate souls that were "punished" by being sent to the much nicer colonies.
well they got that backwards didn't they?

Where would you rather live? The lovely mist and rain of England? Or tropical Oz? Talk about your irony.. hahahahah

Mike Veitch:
well they got that backwards didn't they?

Where would you rather live? The lovely mist and rain of England? Or tropical Oz? Talk about your irony.. hahahahah
Hmmm...the first arrivals must have thought they were arriving in a holiday camp! :11:

Try this for a more accurate perspective.......

Trinigordo:
Look here.

According to Wikipedia:

Another theory is that POM is a shortened acronym of Prisoner of His/Her Majesty (POHM). As many of Australian's first settlers were convicts, sentenced to transportation, this theory holds that upon arrival in the country they would be given a uniform with POHM emblazoned on the back, and that convicts with an extended stay on Australian soil would no longer have to wear the shirt and would often refer to newer entrants into the country as "Pohmmys". Other suggestions hold that POM is a different acronym, such as "Prisoner of Mother England" or "Port of Melbourne".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom