World Cup winners ??

who will lift the World Cup in July ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh Trini......are those grapes sour enough????? :rofl2:

Kim:
Oh Trini......are those grapes sour enough????? :rofl2:

The grapes were made sour with the undignified level of play by Crouch. I expect England to beat Trinidad, as did anyone else. But can you honestly say that Crouch and subsequently England deserved to score that goal?

Seems a shame to me that a man with over 8 inches on a defender needs to yank his hair so hard his head swivels so he can get a header on goal.

Now England has 3 points and nothing will change that, but can you honestly say you are proud of the manner in which England defeated Trinidad?

I can say I am proud of how Trinidad lost to England, a heartbreaker made worse by watching that damn replay.

Trinigordo:
....and the sweden game I haven't seen so cannot comment even though they should have beaten a very subpar sweden.
If you didn't see it, how can you say Sweden were 'subpar' ? You mean understrength - coz they were missing Ibrahimovic ?

16slide6.jpg

Trinigordo:
Now England has 3 points and nothing will change that, but can you honestly say you are proud of the manner in which England defeated Trinidad?
No....I think England should have scored more goals.

For the rest - it's football and sometimes it's not 100% fair. I've seen balls across the goal line and not given, offside goals flagged by the linesman but allowed by the ref etc etc. For every decision that goes in our favour there's at least one more that didn't.

England can start to make me prouder by beating Ecuador by a reasonable margin, and then doing the same to Holland or Portugal.

They could make me ecstatic by winning the title!!!!

Go England!!!

Bubble Junky:
If you didn't see it, how can you say Sweden were 'subpar' ? You mean understrength - coz they were missing Ibrahimovic ?

How about subpar as in Sweden hasn't had a good performance yet for the World Cup up to the point they played England, and I didn't see that game so cannot comment further. But they were subpar against both paraguay and trinidad.

Kim:
No....I think England should have scored more goals.

For the rest - it's football and sometimes it's not 100% fair. I've seen balls across the goal line and not given, offside goals flagged by the linesman but allowed by the ref etc etc. For every decision that goes in our favour there's at least one more that didn't.

England can start to make me prouder by beating Ecuador by a reasonable margin, and then doing the same to Holland or Portugal.

They could make me ecstatic by winning the title!!!!

Go England!!!

:lol: Well at least one of us will be proud of their team performance :mooner:

And using the whole England has had unfavourable calls against them as an excuse doesn't work for me. The high and mighty English football team that reads like an all-star team should not have to win a game against small little Trinidad's lower league players. And if I were in charge of any team and saw a player do that, I would never let him play again, when did the ethics leave sport? I suspect it is somewhere along the same time Ian Healy started wicketkeeping for Australia. Still cannot believe that #$@%@%@% robbed Brian Lara of his most fluid innings. Now that cricket story has bitterness in it, this English one not so much bitter as disappointment.

Back
Top Bottom