World Cup winners ??

who will lift the World Cup in July ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yup.... at least i got a point out of that

US needs scoring power

of course, I'd picked the Czech Republic to win so ....

:crying:

H2Andy:
yup.... at least i got a point out of that

US needs scoring power

of course, I'd picked the Czech Republic to win so ....

:crying:
Did you??...great!!! I didn't look yet but that should have put me ahead of you again!!!

no way English BOy

you're still behind me where you ... er ... belong ...

i don't like the sound of that

H2Andy:
no way English BOy

you're still behind me where you ... er ... belong ...

i don't like the sound of that
Hmm..I just looked and you are right...but I don't remember making the picks I am supposed to have done......

Anyway....no matter.....

At least I still have a team still in the fight! :14:

Missdirected:
Maybe we should just not bother playing and ask the ref's who they plan on giving the cup to.

*Miss' grumpy statement for the day*

Most of the calls were spot on missy, the offsides, the fouls.. although the Ghanians made the fouls look worse than they were to be honest.

As to the penalty though hmmm, i'm still undecided about that.

To be honest though, Ghana is an exceptional team with quality through and through.
I was convinced of their quality after watching them play wonderful football during the Italy and Czech Republic games..

ghana is almost there ... they have some brilliant moments

unfortunately, they are a superior team to the US

Jamdiver:
Most of the calls were spot on missy, the offsides, the fouls.. although the Ghanians made the fouls look worse than they were to be honest.

As to the penalty though hmmm, i'm still undecided about that.

To be honest though, Ghana is an exceptional team with quality through and through.
I was convinced of their quality after watching them play wonderful football during the Italy and Czech Republic games..

Now hold on there. I never thought the US would make it all the way through. Remeber my picks: Argentina, Germany, and Spain.

I'm just not liking a lot of these calls. S'Okay.

H2Andy:
ghana is almost there ... they have some brilliant moments

unfortunately, they are a superior team to the US

I agree. If the Italians hadn't scored on themselves, the US would have been long gone. I don't feel that any of the US players, after watching the Italy -US game are up to par with the rest of the world. I'm glad a smaller country like Ghana put us in our futbol place.:eyebrow:

Wow, I didn't expect to see such honest appraisal of the US team on here. Not a bad team, but not world class. As I mentioned to a co-worker, soccer in the US does not draw the best athletes like it does in nearly all these other countries. If we took some of these young men grooming themselves for NBA or NFL careers and taught them to play soccer at a young age, perhaps we could compete on the world stage.

Oh well, the US did the best they could with what they had. No disrespect there.

PerroneFord:
Wow, I didn't expect to see such honest appraisal of the US team on here. Not a bad team, but not world class. As I mentioned to a co-worker, soccer in the US does not draw the best athletes like it does in nearly all these other countries. If we took some of these young men grooming themselves for NBA or NFL careers and taught them to play soccer at a young age, perhaps we could compete on the world stage.

Oh well, the US did the best they could with what they had. No disrespect there.

No disrespect anywhere in this thread Perrone.
US Soccer has made massive strides in the past 12 years or so since they hosted the world cup.

They were once the laughing stock of the International footballing world, now they've got a professionall football league, youth leagues churning out players each year and a media that while may not embrace football as much as I'd like, does give it some airtime.

The most positive part of all this really is the attention that will be shined on US Soccer and interest those who previously might not have given it a second look.

Rome wasn't built in a day you know :wink:.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom