World Cup winners ??

who will lift the World Cup in July ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Australia have also advanced from their group with Brazil :).

Congrats to the Socceroos!!!!

PerroneFord:
Respect is very easy to get in soccer. Beat good teams. And do it consistently. Look at Ghana, and the Trini's. Tiny countries compared to us. But they play hard, they play with skill, and they bring athletes. They EARNED respect. The US has earned nothing, but ran around shooting off their mouths all over the TV.

When I coach my teams we do ZERO talking. We let our game talk for us. I find that works very well for us. The US team got a heaping helping of humility, so yes, it's back to the grindstone for them. At little less time at the beach, a little less time obsessing over the model girlfriends, and a bit more time cleaning up that first touch (Beasley) or working on getting free near goal (Donovan). I've watched Reyna play for years. Still don't see what the hype is.

We've got the athletes, we just don't have the skill. Beasley is pretty much useless, Donovan is just as overrated as the Europeans have been saying he was (that's 18 straight internationals he hasn't scored in, plus a bunch of MLS matches, as well), and Reyna can't stay healthy to save his life (he's got torn ligaments in his ankle, I'll bet, which is bad news for Man City). Reyna has no leadership skills, anyway. At first, I would rather have had Kasey Keller as captain, but I'm not even sure about that, now.

Freddy Adu cannot grow up fast enough... :shakehead

ScubaTexan:
We've got the athletes, we just don't have the skill. Beasley is pretty much useless, Donovan is just as overrated as the Europeans have been saying he was (that's 18 straight internationals he hasn't scored in, plus a bunch of MLS matches, as well), and Reyna can't stay healthy to save his life (he's got torn ligaments in his ankle, I'll bet, which is bad news for Man City). Reyna has no leadership skills, anyway. At first, I would rather have had Kasey Keller as captain, but I'm not even sure about that, now.

Freddy Adu cannot grow up fast enough... :shakehead

Athletes? Who? Nearly our entire team would come to the Germans' shoulders. We're small, and not particularly fast.

Adu is older now that Ronaldo was when he attended his first cup. The only reason Ronaldo didn't play was beause he had Romario in the starting role. Why keep the kid down?

OLE OLE OLE OLE! BRA-SIL! BRA-SIL!

In a previous post I was thinking to let the aussies score first and then kick the hornet's nest with Brasil - but it looks like Japan had that strategy. Ronaldo finally showed some life!

Man that was a great game to watch - I was laughing when I heard the statistic from the announcer "Brasil is the only world come team with a winning record when the other team scores first.."

LOL! Even if you score against us, you're gonna lose.

Looking forward to the game against Ghana - should be a very physical match.

D.

Jamdiver:
Yup, :D :D.

Brasil 4 -Japan 1.!!

Ronaldo has now equalled the record of most goals scored in the World Cup.

The Selecao have done it again :wink:

Well foretold, Jamdiver! Well foretold! I can wear my Ronaldo shirt out in public again (I was scared to after the first two matches...LOL!)

D.

Yup Daylonious, Ronaldo showed great touch in the fourth goal that he scored.
It was the one two pass with Juan was it??

Anyway Ronaldo seems to be regaining his form and touch, I'm concerned a little bit with his movement off the ball though.

He doesn't seem as fast or nimble as he once did.. :)
Hehehe, but i'm sure he'll get better as the world cup progresses :D :p!!!

Have you ever seen Serginho play for AC Milan??
He's really good, think he should have been in the World Cup.

What ever happened to Denilson?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom