World Cup winners ??

who will lift the World Cup in July ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

theatis:
I just found this thread, how exciting! But why is the poll closed? In any case, my pick was Argentina from the beginning.

Tomorrow's game aren't very promising in Group E IMO, in fact we can see two all-nil draws. Well, maybe not between Ghana and the US because both will be playing to win but Ghana is short as ScubaTexan says and until the US actually scores I'm going to go with the assumption that they can't! Italians will as always play not to lose rather than play to win and the Czechs just seem overrated to me.

Brazil has a lot to prove, especially Adriano. Cafu and Emerson are unlikely to play and they have been two of their most consistent players thus far. I'll pick them over Japan however, even if Ronaldhino has to carry the team on his back and i do mean literally which he could obviously do! I can't see how Croatia can beat Australia, so I'm going with the Aussies.

Ahhh a man with some sense in his head.

Welcome theatis, from a rabid Brasil fan :D :).

theatis:
I just found this thread, how exciting! But why is the poll closed? In any case, my pick was Argentina from the beginning.
Can't have the poll open after the competition started!

Hey Jamdiver,

I'm also traditionally a Brazil supporter (and have the OLD SCHOOL jersey with 3 stars to prove it!) but i just don't like what i've seen so far. Everyone blames Ronaldo but on that particular issue i'm going with loyalty and respect; how can you turn your back on a guy who has done so much for your team? On pure skill level, at this point i would actually take Robinho over him, but can you tell Ronaldo "that's it mate, you're out?"

theatis:
Hey Jamdiver,

I'm also traditionally a Brazil supporter (and have the OLD SCHOOL jersey with 3 stars to prove it!) but i just don't like what i've seen so far. Everyone blames Ronaldo but on that particular issue i'm going with loyalty and respect; how can you turn your back on a guy who has done so much for your team? On pure skill level, at this point i would actually take Robinho over him, but can you tell Ronaldo "that's it mate, you're out?"

true, very true.
But at this level, people are ruthless.
It's all about your last performance and what did you for us (the fans, country) today.

Truth be told Ronaldo has not looked impressive at Real Madrid this season, not that the club has either.
just saying that his current lack of form/malaise is nothing new.

Robinho, adriano and others for example have had a pretty good year with their club.
Wonderful in fact, Ronaldinho comes to mind with winning La Liga and the champions league.

Bottom line i'd bench ronaldo and bring him on in the second half rather than start him.

theatis:
Tomorrow's game aren't very promising in Group E IMO, in fact we can see two all-nil draws.
I'm not so sure - all four teams can still qualify for the knockout stages !! Would love to see Italy and Ghana go through.

Its 12:00 in Brasil now, the work is already starting to shutdown and the game isnt until 4pm, I have a taxi scheduled to pick me up at 3:15, I hope its on time I have a BBQ to get to with BBQ and choppe. I am trying to be Brasilian but my check comes from an American company so to bad I cant knock off now.
Vamos Brasil!!!!

Maybe we should just not bother playing and ask the ref's who they plan on giving the cup to.

*Miss' grumpy statement for the day*

Missdirected:
Maybe we should just not bother playing and ask the ref's who they plan on giving the cup to.

*Miss' grumpy statement for the day*
Now now - dubious calls went both ways.....Ghana won......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom