Windy Point- Saturday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hemlon

Contributor
Reaction score
No real dive reports here...just a comical anecdote.

Shaggie, Jess and I went diving at Windy Point today. Neither Shaggie nor I had met Jess before today and he turned out to be an awesome dive buddy.

Two dives together...blah, blah, blah.

The comical part came into play concerning Shaggie. He is NOW affectionately known as Pedro, the Cozumelian dive sherpa.

He was put on this earth to take care of your every scuba need. He will haul your gear, set it up and even do the dive for you. At the end of the dive, he will fetch your favorite beer.

His only true pleasure in life comes from fulfilling your fanciful whims. Please keep this in mind when dealing with Pedro. His life is meaningless without the lifelong obligation to your comfort.

He will, however, pretend that he doesn't want to be your slave. He will protest when you tell him to carry your gear down the long set of stairs leading to the low banks of Lake Travis.

He will moan, complain and give dirty looks when you tell him to change your gear configuration for a fifth time.

Do NOT let the attitude of your dive servant deter you. Do NOT be tricked into thinking that Pedro doesn't even speak Spanish. Deception is part of his laziness game. When he gets sassy, insist that he carry your gear AND your buddie's gear.

And at the end of the day, tell Pedro in a firm-yet-gentle voice, "Dos bottelas de cervesa!" (Por favor is optional.)

You just let the cat out of the bag now darlin'. I'm expecting my sherpa dance card to be fillin' up soon. I'm thinking that there will be many more dive bunnies out there in need of my service knocking on my PM door soon. Still, you are always on the top of my list.

hmmm, I dove with Shaggie, err Pedro, numerous times in the past and never even ONCE did he offer to carry my gear or open a bottle of cerveza. What's up with that :)

Sorry dude, only pretty young women need apply! who knows, I may offer to open a beer for you some day though!

Thanks again to both of you for letting me tag along! I hope to dive with you and Pedro again in the near future ;-)

~Jess

Back
Top Bottom