Windy point river channel line

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My tape measure has a nice SS belt clip so it attaches to either a web waist belt or bc webbing. Comes in handy for getting that vis distance down right.

FIXXERVI6:
Does anyone know who laid the line in the channel at windy point? a red line going accross the river channel?

Ha ha ha. Someone found it.
This was the idea of one of my dive buddies. We installed it over a year ago. It is secured to the bottom via PVC mud stakes, and we were using scooters while diving it.

Phreatic Fanatic:
Ha ha ha. Someone found it.
This was the idea of one of my dive buddies. We installed it over a year ago. It is secured to the bottom via PVC mud stakes, and we were using scooters while diving it.

Can you give me more info on it, such as does it cross the bottom, how many mud stakes, how many feet of line, does it actually go anywhere or go straight out and end, where does it come back up to on WP side so its easy to find, and lastly do you mind if someone adds line to it and marks it cave style navigation.

It only runs about 500 feet. I think we installed 5 mud stakes. With our schedules, we only have had a couple of chances to get together to dive at Travis since we installed it last August. As for the other questions, since it isn't my line or project, I'll ask to see if he minds help with it.

That would be me... My intention was to cross Travis on the bottom (around a mile if the lake is at normal level). But after starting I've been to busy to dive much. It runs about 500'.

Feel free to extend it or mark it as desired. Next time I'm there I'm going to have to find the start again and add some more myself. Nothing like an excuse to do some hard time at 15' in Travis.

Phreatic Fanatic:
It only runs about 500 feet. I think we installed 5 mud stakes. With our schedules, we only have had a couple of chances to get together to dive at Travis since we installed it last August. As for the other questions, since it isn't my line or project, I'll ask to see if he minds help with it.

A ha! I knew someone would pop up and give us the scoop. LOVE LOVE LOVE the avatar Phreatic Fanatic.

I could have sworn someone else laid a white line a long time ago down there though. A college student I think. ????Anyone else remember that?????

mkiiisupra89:
That would be me... My intention was to cross Travis on the bottom (around a mile if the lake is at normal level). But after starting I've been to busy to dive much. It runs about 500'.

Feel free to extend it or mark it as desired. Next time I'm there I'm going to have to find the start again and add some more myself. Nothing like an excuse to do some hard time at 15' in Travis.

I'll be in touch

Thanks, Debraw. My avatar is a photo I made myself.

I wouldn't doubt that there is some other lines down there. We've run across a few lines, but most run parallel to the shore or through the trees.

mkiiisupra89 called the project Travis Traverse a couple of years ago when he came up with the idea.

Phreatic Fanatic:
Thanks, Debraw. My avatar is a photo I made myself.

I wouldn't doubt that there is some other lines down there. We've run across a few lines, but most run parallel to the shore or through the trees.

mkiiisupra89 called the project Travis Traverse a couple of years ago when he came up with the idea.

Where there any estimations on bottom time/deco/gas estimates to do the traverse?

Back
Top Bottom