Windy point river channel line

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mkiiisupra89:
I'm all for putting in more line. I think Travis deep is wonderful, but it is VERY easy to get hopelessly lost on the river bed and a compass is just annoying under 160' of narcosis. I want to enjoy the buzz, not have to work around it to find my way back to shore...

Helium

I know an instructor if you want or need one.

If I'm doing any form of work at depth I won't use air, the line would be zig zag and all kinds of fun loops etc.

FIXXERVI6:
Helium

I know an instructor if you want or need one.

If I'm doing any form of work at depth I won't use air, the line would be zig zag and all kinds of fun loops etc.

Well, I need mix training. I'm going to try to do it with Larry Green, but you never know. I really want to go closed circuit at roughly the same time I do mix for $$$$ reasons (I know, buying a $15k piece of equipment isn't a good way to save money).

I'm pretty good at narcosis. Not that I'm not effected, but I don't do anything to goofy even at severe depth on air. Bone necrosis is a bigger reason to switch to mix for me.

It would be great to see an organized effort like this.
This is a great thread.

Just a side note-
If you go closed circuit they expect you to start over with your depth experience.
Some manufactures want 100hrs before you start making technical dives.

Also not all units are certified for trimix.
An example would be the Sport Kiss- I have a friend that is diving it for technical dives but the manufacture has not certified the unit for because of insurance standards.

The money saving is great.
Plus linear decompression and not having to change gas is awesome.

Good Luck gentleman.
Best Regards, Andrew

Thanks for the info. What you are talking about is one of the biggest reason I haven't made the switch yet. There is still to much cave/open water in my range that I can do now. If I make the switch, I'll have close to a year of down time just wracking up hours in 130' or less before I get to go through all the tech training again...

And, once I switch, I'm going to switch for good, aside from diving the occational side mount only cave (at least until I can rearrange the rebreather into that config - and I know of a couple projects in that respect including an off the shelf from DeltaP).

FIXXERVI6:
Its the closest thing I can find to a real cave dive in TX.
Now if you can find some of that good cave visibility down there, you will really have something.

Willie

jac:
longhorns? hehe
Longhorns are more ranch animals... Where are you guys from, Nebraska? And don't the ranchers shoot the bobcats when they run onto the ranch?

Found your red line yesterday quite by accident after my wife had mentioned this thread to me Wednesday evening. Lutz and I hit it at 165ft traveling in a north to south arc in the riverbed about 1ft off the bottom. Followed the line west until our gas turn, then back east to the tie-in. Never saw it arch back up while traveling west...it was just laying there on the bottom when we turned. Line starts about 50 feet south of P4 (60ft platform, down chain from P3) and is tied into the bottom of a bunch of sideways laying tree limbs/roots on the edge of the clay river bank. Line tie-in end has a large white bead. We were planning to tie in a permanent high viz yellow jump line to a more easily accessible area to avoid burning bottom time hunting for line end. Any objections?

Back
Top Bottom