Windy point river channel line

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FIXXERVI6:
Vis below 130 sucked, opened up a lil bit (just a little) after 150 or so, then back to crappy on the bottom.

Ian and I hit 173 at the dam today and from 40-160 the vis was pretty good if not really good. At 165 -170 range, vis dropped dramatically but still not to bad considering the time of year. I also had 73 degree at max depth.

All in all, we had a great dive...

FIXXERVI6:
Does anyone know who laid the line in the channel at windy point? a red line going accross the river channel?

Is it secured to anything or does it just on top of the silt? If it is just sitting there I would expect it to get buried pretty quickly.

Debraw:
Troy said that it goes all the way across the bottom of the lake.
If it does that would be a heck of a dive.How far is it across the lake? 1/2 mile? at 160 ish? Would need a scooter or rebreather for that. (And a high boredom threshhold!)

LVX:
Ian and I hit 173 at the dam today and from 40-160 the vis was pretty good if not really good. At 165 -170 range, vis dropped dramatically but still not to bad considering the time of year. I also had 73 degree at max depth.

Listen to you.....WELL.... I did a 34ffw dive at Lake Murray today.... :mooner: :eyebrow:

ianr33:
That would be more accurately described as a safety stop. :D

Love it!!! :D

LVX:

I usually see better vis at the dam than windy point

Debraw:
Thanks for the update. I think we will go to Oronogo instead in the near future for the deep dives.

yea still a little early for windex layer, and with no thermo it can't form

ianr33:
Is it secured to anything or does it just on top of the silt? If it is just sitting there I would expect it to get buried pretty quickly.

If it does that would be a heck of a dive.How far is it across the lake? 1/2 mile? at 160 ish? Would need a scooter or rebreather for that. (And a high boredom threshhold!)

suspended above the bottom for a ways, then dips down and touches the silt, then it started heading back up again, I didn't go far enough to see what was holding it up off the bottom, I assume a silt screw or garbage since we were out in the "land of nothing"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom