Windy point river channel line

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"A little history.

Oronogo, Missouri was a mining town back in the early 1900s. When a group of smaller mines were joined together by blasting them out and dropping the ceiling, “The Circle” was formed, said to be the largest open pit lead and zinc mine in the world."

The "lead" part gives me pause...

LVX:
What do you consider deep. From what I saw yesterday, you can't ask for better down deep?

L

130-165. Visibility 40-60 feet. BUT it's cold 48-56 degrees.

LVX:
Lake Travis right now - 130-165. Vis 15-20 ft and temp is 73.

Either you dive during the week and the vis is better then, or our measurements of "feet" are not the same.

I'm not going to say you are wrong, but when I was there this past weekend that was not the distance I was able to make out an object and tell you what it was, however I could see the glow from a 35 watt HID from that distance.

We went out from the stairwell straight out to the second large buoy and then dropped straight down. From there were continued out across the channel until we hit 170 at which point we started heading down the channel towards the dam. As we got closer to the dam, the vis did get worse but still not that bad.

We were out Sunday afternoon around 2. We talked to a trimix class who had just gotten out of the water and asked how deep they went and what the vis was and were told they went to 150 ft and the vis was around 12-15 ft.

So, I am not going to say you are wrong, but when we were out this past weekend we could see as far as our 10 Watt HID lights would allow.... Nevertheless, vis is really good right now...that is all I was saying...

By this next weekend, vis will probably drop to 2 ft...

I dove Mansfield Park dive area yesterday and the vis was great between 35 feet and 140 feet.

I was at Windy Point today. My dives ranged from the mid-60s to 110 ft.

Below 40 feet, the vis was 15-20 ft in my estimation.

The dives were supposed to be solos but I met another diver and we were buddies for the first dive.

The lake is great right now!

dowfornow:
And which pocket will it go in???:D

Either one of my thigh pockets or better yet

I'll buy a Retractor, as it drags the bottom I can use the silt plow trail to find my way back, two uses for one piece of equipment!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom